Code 31 and 32

BuickTV6

kicking butt Intercooled
Hey guys can anyone tell me what code 31 and 31 are for the ecm trouble codes? I am not sure and gnttype are still down.. Anyone know?
:confused:

Codes

31 wastegate solenoid electrical circuit
32 exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) circuit

I keep a list of the codes on my web page below:

bye, Ed
http://edchapman.tripod.com/cars.html <---------> runner up B-5 GS nats 2004
84 T-Type WH1 15.4@89 stock, 87 T 14.1@97 stock, 87 GN stock 399/400 points

I suspect that if you review the wiring diagram, you'll find that the same ground circuit controls both these solenoids. That is where I would start first.

Just went through this myself, code 31 problems. Everyone calls code 31 the wastegate code, but that's not really right, there's a lot more stuff on that circuit than that.

The wiring leaves the ECM/SOL fuse and goes to a switch on the brake pedal. It then splits, one branch goes to the TCC solenoid and the other branch goes a bunch of different places - wastegate, a/c, egr, cannister purge, one other spot I think. I seem to remember 6 places total.

My code 31 turned out to be caused by the TCC wiring. The last guy in the tranny had run the wiring through all 3 clips and it was stretched tight as a drum. Wire had rubbed through and was shorted out on the valve body. Took a while troubleshooting with a multimeter to find that one. Mine would blow the fuse as soon as I turned the key since it was on the hot side of the solenoid.

John