coil over advice

garrett

I recently acquired some nice pieces of front suspension and brakes from a good friend. I got some upper and lower tubular A arms that are made for springs or coil overs. I think they are Strong Arm brand? Anyway, I want to ditch the stock springs and go with coil overs. I know that I have a couple of choices from the vendors here on the board. I was looking at the one GNS performance sells at around $700 and the one Gbodyparts sells for about $600. Anyone tried these parts and have an opinion?

I recently acquired some nice pieces of front suspension and brakes from a good friend. I got some upper and lower tubular A arms that are made for springs or coil overs. I think they are Strong Arm brand? Anyway, I want to ditch the stock springs and go with coil overs. I know that I have a couple of choices from the vendors here on the board. I was looking at the one GNS performance sells at around $700 and the one Gbodyparts sells for about $600. Anyone tried these parts and have an opinion?
Well here is my opinion,

First of all your only talking a $100 difference here and with that said I think the Ridetech shock and their warranty would be a more superior shock. Not just because we sell them but because I have seen the failures first hand by some of the other manufactures with little to no warranty to back them up.
We support and sell DSE & Ridetech for several reasons. One we believe they are amongst the best "Handling" suspension products on the market today. Two, these companies are out there at many pro-touring events across the country each year putting their products through rigorous real world testing so we as customers know were getting a product that "Works".. Three is the fact that they stand behind their products and their customer support is outstanding!

On your upper and lower a-arms are they the Ridetech "strong arms"? If so, I would recommend staying with Ridetech coil over shocks as they are designed with their lower a-arms. Ridetech lower A-arms are built with a so to speak 2"Drop incorporated in them which keeps their shocks at a 5" travel.

Some benefits of Ridetech coil over & smooth body shocks:

* You get a 1,000,001 mile warranty with Ridetech coil overs or Smooth body shocks. (Warranty specifics can be seen in the link in my signature)
* They offer a $100 off in a coil over trade in program, trade in your Old and receive a $100 off your order.
* Unparallelled Tech support.