Cometic or SteelShim HG???

You can order the cometics from Tom @ Champion pretty cheap I think. You prob want the .056 thickness as they are the closest to stock.

Sully

I'm still lookin' for someone running the cometics on a high hp TR (600 hp+)......don't wanna hear about V8's, just TR

for the money, the stacked steels work just fine

Originally posted by azgn
I'm still lookin' for someone running the cometics on a high hp TR (600 hp+)......don't wanna hear about V8's, just TR

for the money, the stacked steels work just fine

I think I heard from somebody that Roy "Boost" Garcia is running cometic HGs and I'm sure he's making more than 600hp with his 9 second TSM GN........

maybe he has some input on the subject vs steels?

Hello Roy?

all I know is steels hold up best on my car......necessary to retorque regularly tho....they can be leaky

and I know Orlando was running them in Bradenton. He went like 10.15 or was it 10.01.

Sully

Check with Cal Hartline I beleive he uses them also. No need to list his HP or ET's:D He suggested that I use them on my motor.

HTH

Frank

Saw something in summit a while back about some new cometic gasket coming out specifically designed for high-boost applications. Wasn't the cometic MLS gaskets, was something somewhat different. Never heard more about it though. Probably some ricer part and they'll never sell them for 231s. sounded somewhat interesting though.

I have been running them for a year at 22 lb on the street. About to turn it up friday at the track. Will let you know
Mitch

For those of you that are not properly informed....the Cometic gaskets are not something "new". This is the style gasket used on the turbo import cars. You can prolly thank Mitsubishi for the gasket and Cometic just because they make one to fit Buick V6 motors.

Yes, Roy Garcia runs them. I do too...but do to a cacphony of little errors, I developed a water leak. Long story. Upon disassembly, my machine shop said "reuse them".:eek:

On the double steel shim head gaskets can you use clear silicone to put them on our do you have to use that special stuff that RJC sells. I've was talking to Mike Krutz the other day and he said he use to run them and put them on with clear silicone both side of course.

Also, do the head gaskets have to be from the same batch when i order them from the dealer?

Thanks in advance

You can use whatever you want. The GE 1200 Constrution Grade silicone is just what Jay Carter found out to be the best for resistance against cylinder pressures and adhesion.