Cometics and hylomar

They are Diamonds. Diamond does in house piston coating. I forgot what the top coating is. The sides have the anti-scuff coating.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Does anyone have a source for Hylomar in an aerosol can?? I used to get it at a local CarQuest but according to them, they can't get it anymore and it doesn't even show up in the catalog anymore. :confused:

I have not seen hylomar in a couple of years.

Here is my cometic procedure and has so far worked well.

First start with a good finish on the heads and block. This is a must.

I coat each side of the comaetics with spray copper.

Install my head studs.

Install cometics.

Install heads.

torque to your favorite spec. Mine is 85 ft pounds in 3 increments.

Once installed use 3-4 GM seal tabs in the cooling system. Mine have never leaked yet.

I have not seen hylomar in a couple of years.

Here is my cometic procedure and has so far worked well.

First start with a good finish on the heads and block. This is a must.

I coat each side of the comaetics with spray copper.

Install my head studs.

Install cometics.

Install heads.

torque to your favorite spec. Mine is 85 ft pounds in 3 increments.

Once installed use 3-4 GM seal tabs in the cooling system. Mine have never leaked yet.

Thats exactly how I did the install, no leaks or blown headgaskets in two years of abuse.

i used my in a 400 small block chevy with a blowthru turbo motor with 18lbs non intercooled.mine were installed dry and never ever leaked not one time.also used them on another 400 on nitrous and again never ever leaked installed dry.no leak tabs installed

Does anyone have a source for Hylomar in an aerosol can?? I used to get it at a local CarQuest but according to them, they can't get it anymore and it doesn't even show up in the catalog anymore. :confused:

I found Hylomar at O'rielly's and Auto Zone about a month ago. It was with the silicone and gasket maker supplies.
Hope it helps.
Mike