Coming Soon New boost controller

Mike Licht

I was here first
Most of the fast racers use the AMS-1000 boost controller. We are a dealer and have had great success with them. They are coming out with the new AMS-500 for guys that do not need all the features or stages of the 1000 or cannot justify the $850. The AMS-500 will be afforadable for almost everyone and have 2 stages, 1 that can be used on a transbrake and then a second with a ramp function so that boost can come in at a controlled rate. It also has a 40 PSI map sensor built right in so that would be your max boost with this unit.
I am testing a dual port actuator with low pressure spring, this will allow staging at low boost and then using the ramp function to bring the car out using manifold pressure or CO2 while still keeping a Houston style downpipe and not having to change to an external wastegate.
If that works out (looks good so far) we will have a complete kit available

Price and release date will be posted soon

thanks,
Mike Licht

Most of the fast racers use the AMS-1000 boost controller. We are a dealer and have had great success with them. They are coming out with the new AMS-500 for guys that do not need all the features or stages of the 1000 or cannot justify the $850. The AMS-500 will be afforadable for almost everyone and have 2 stages, 1 that can be used on a transbrake and then a second with a ramp function so that boost can come in at a controlled rate. It also has a 40 PSI map sensor built right in so that would be your max boost with this unit.
I am testing a dual port actuator with low pressure spring, this will allow staging at low boost and then using the ramp function to bring the car out using manifold pressure or CO2 while still keeping a Houston style downpipe and not having to change to an external wastegate.
If that works out (looks good so far) we will have a complete kit available

Price and release date will be posted soon

thanks,
Mike Licht

Mike,

I have read about that new box, it sounds like a great option for us ballers
on a budget. :biggrin:

Ohh nice,Any idea on price,Im gonna need one.Mike got any big sway bars in stock?
Ill be driving by MI on sat meet me at the border!

I am down to 2 sway bars but have more coming. Saturday I will be a volleyball with my daughter but maybe on the return trip. Where you headed?
The new box AMS-500 will retail for $399.99 :eek: there is now a top performing controller that is affordable
Mike

Well,I am flying out to Wisconsin sat morn and driving home from there,SHould be passing Michigan around 3-4 o clock.
Just trying to save shipping that damn thing

Our current year end special is 10% off and free shipping, so that should not be a problem :) Have a safe trip
Mike

WOW! Tremendous response to the boost controller so far, we just upped our preorder to the manufacturer, THANKS EVERYONE! Remember our year end special applies to preorders and we will not change your card until the day we ship.

This item is one of the easiest to use I have seen, no need for laptops or complicated installs. I will be posting the manual up for down load soon and pictures of a beta unit installed in my car. When we ship units we will custom program them with a starting point for your car if you like then you can install and go
Mike

What comes with the AMS-500?
Will these work with Single Port Actuators or only External Dual Port WG?

Joe

After checking other Turbo sites, it looks like it comes with Solenoids, don't think it will work with Actuators and is mounted under the hood. You can only adjust Boost from under the Hood, as the 1000 if at your finger tips.

Am I correct so far!!!

From the 1st post in this thread.

From the 1st post in this thread.

I meant single Port Actuators..

They won't work with a single port actuator unless you tap the top of the diaphram.

The 1000 has up to about 100PSI boost control, 6 stages all with ramp control(time based, gear position based or shift based), internal data logger, graphical display, scramble boost, indicator lights, and more. It is way more advanced.

It is going on the T-Type for now. The GTO may need a 1000 just to keep it hooked up on those little tires
Mike