Coming Soon New boost controller

They won't work with a single port actuator unless you tap the top of the diaphram.

The 1000 has up to about 100PSI boost control, 6 stages all with ramp control(time based, gear position based or shift based), internal data logger, graphical display, scramble boost, indicator lights, and more. It is way more advanced.

It is going on the T-Type for now. The GTO may need a 1000 just to keep it hooked up on those little tires
Mike

Thanks
Joe

If you start out with lets say a 16psi spring in your wastegate and want to set the unit for say 28 psi, how does it know how much to pulse the solenoids? Does it have to learn your base spring setting first?

If you start out with lets say a 16psi spring in your wastegate and want to set the unit for say 28 psi, how does it know how much to pulse the solenoids? Does it have to learn your base spring setting first?

Very simple actually, it's closed loop control. It monitors manifold pressure and adjustst the solenoids to maintain what is set.

Most of the fast racers use the AMS-1000 boost controller. We are a dealer and have had great success with them. They are coming out with the new AMS-500 for guys that do not need all the features or stages of the 1000 or cannot justify the $850. The AMS-500 will be afforadable for almost everyone and have 2 stages, 1 that can be used on a transbrake and then a second with a ramp function so that boost can come in at a controlled rate. It also has a 40 PSI map sensor built right in so that would be your max boost with this unit.
I am testing a dual port actuator with low pressure spring, this will allow staging at low boost and then using the ramp function to bring the car out using manifold pressure or CO2 while still keeping a Houston style downpipe and not having to change to an external wastegate.
If that works out (looks good so far) we will have a complete kit available

Price and release date will be posted soon

thanks,
Mike Licht

Mike
Where can I get a Dual Port Actuator?
I only find Singles...

84/85 cars had them I am not sure if the shaft seal is good enough for what we want to do. I have a couple others coming. If that does not work out then I will go to plan B. I will discuss that plan with Harry at PRI this week, we already talked about the dual ports. I got my beta unit hooked up today it is awesome
Mike

I have a couple actuator options on the way I found at the PRI show we will be testing. PM us for group price on units.