Comp Turbo CTRX Turbos, Let's Chat

GNVYUS 1

Every turbo has an upgrade option to the X hubless wheel.

Don't see pricing though, I'm gonna say near $2300. Anyone know??

Curious how it competes $ wise vs Garrett which are now $2200-2500 in this size.

Well that didn't take long for someone to up the tech to where Gen 2, Garrett G series and Borg EFR are all on blast. Only problem for most of the GN crowd, no way they're making a 3 bolt.

For those of us with T3, T4 or V band, this looks sick. More power with a faster spool, get used to buying tires sooner.

Their 6262 x makes a peak 920hp (probably only possible on Twin Scroll with E85).
Usually they get sneaky and say 11hp per lb of flow so it might flow = 83.5lbs peak

That's 835hp for most and a tad higher if you're on E etc.

6262 journal is rated around 705hp, this is 215hp more peak and 130hp more realistically. Damn

I'm curious what V Band flange size they're using on both ends???

Maybe they're slick and use the Garrett sizes.

Oh ya a huge selling point might be...

Oil and Waterless turbo!!!
WTH, no oil line or water lines needed.
Grease (proprietary gease) every 3k miles.

Man just getting the oil and water lines figured out and plumbed for my Garrett was a mess and lots of $.

Last edited:
The comp turbos are the highest flowing turbos I've seen while spooling the fastest
I've posted some others results to give an idea.
The hubless design will be a game changer
Spool faster and outflow anybody wheels mm for mm and more.
One of Mine is going back for the hubless upgrade on my stage 2 car
Its a big turbo not 3 bolt and I want the advantages.
To give you an idea I've made 1200 on their 69mm ctr compressor with a 3 bolt with spool times under .5 second.
What that means is that you dont need a t brake to get at it.
I will also mention and I wont go into detail how the suspension can be setup yielding big advantages.
The tune window and ramps advantages are huge
I'm running bigger now on that car and 3 bolt power is at an end.

How expensive are these, no pricing on their website?

The direct fit Ford and Subaru I'm seeing is looking like $1700 which is great if true.

You a T4 or V Band?

I have a 3 bolt car with a 7371 triple bb.
The 4 bolt car has
Twin scroll and the largest ar available.
My 4 bolt turbo is a custom size I'm going to keep that one under the hat😉
I'm around alot of v band and t6 stuff too on buicks and other platforms.

I cant see them not doing a 3-bolt as a custom build if you send them a housing

Dynoman, can you talk about the details on the housing and post a picture, nice. I'll assume like .82 and v band outlet DP flange?

Can you comment on if they did a custom for you or if they already had the exhaust housing for us and it wasn't a big buck custom tag?

It looks like street/strip cars use the water cooling but oil less turbo. Air cooled is mainly for those with exposed turbos.

I didn't spec the turbo , Mr Spool did and he can give the details better than me . The exhaust housing is a .85AR 3 bolt in and a stock style 4 bolt downpipe out with standard oiling going in and 1/2" threaded oil return port . Stock style oil drain will not work . The turbo was under $2000 .

I didn't spec the turbo , Mr Spool did and he can give the details better than me . The exhaust housing is a .85AR 3 bolt in and a stock style 4 bolt downpipe out with standard oiling going in and 1/2" threaded oil return port . Stock style oil drain will not work . The turbo was under $2000 .
Did they have a supply of 3 bolts? im assuming it was a Pte .85

I personally wouldnt be too comfortable with an oil-less center section but maybe im not up to date with the Tech.

Ok ok I'm awake lol
On dynomans car It's an. 85 3 bolt pte/gn1
Comp does their own machining
So any ex housing you want to run but you will need to supply the 3 bolt
They dont have a 3 bolt supply.
Btw the 3 bolt pte .85 weighed more that the entire turbo itself.

As fas as money
Significantly cheaper than alot of the competition
But.....
Depends on what options are chosen
Covers ex housings polishing, anodizing, are all done their and add if you want it.

Reactions: TLI
Nice, they're willing to work with us on that.

Their v band is the Tial size, that means Garrett won't fit on it. Picture is from Matt at Morrison Fabrication.

Attachments

• 982EF737-A51E-4FC6-87EA-54401A8156B8.jpeg
    982EF737-A51E-4FC6-87EA-54401A8156B8.jpeg
    754.3 KB · Views: 34
Just to be clear
The ctr compressor wheels are here to stay
the hubless design is their max effort wheel really for setups that will benefit for mm to mm comparisons and class stuff
It's easier and cheaper to ctr the turbo and go a little bigger.
It's just a wheel swap it's a hole new center section.
All in all the hubless design is a 700$ upgrade over ctr units.

Did they have a supply of 3 bolts? im assuming it was a Pte .85
They dont have a supply and the .85 ex housings are getting harder to find.
They can tool up housings but our 3 bolts are a small niche market and it's not a money maker.

roughly say a turbo like mine 73/71 would be 2900 in hubless with 4 bolt ex housing.
So rougly 700 for hubless upgrade