Competition Engineering Rear Lower Control Arms...Anyone?

Mustang 1

Good Afternoon! I am in need of some advice in regards to my rear suspension. I am running a 57,000 GN that is slightly modified ( well, nothing radical, anyway! ). Nearly everything on the car is new or massaged. Lately, it feel that the rear end of the car has way too much wasted motion, What I mean is, when the transmission shifts, it is as if the rear end housing is actuall rotating or moving in some way. I put the car on a lift and started checking around. The body to frame bushings are virtually gone, at least the rearward two. So, I am ordering a set of Energy Suspension hard urethane bushings. So, I also looked and the had some hard bushings for the rear control arms. The cost is like 67.00 for just the bushings. I checked a little further, and Competition Engineering has HD Tubular rear control arms for less the 100.00 more! My questions are has anyone used either of these products and what do you recommend and do you think the body to frame bushing are the culprit or both? Also, would boxing the rear control arms with the new hard bushings and cage work better than actually replacing the entire control arm assembly? Thanks in advance!

Boxing the stockers and replacing the bushings will provide the best bang for the buck. After you replace the body bushings the difference will be between night and day.
If you go for after market control arms the Metcos or HR parts are the way to go. They are more but worth it.