Complete exhaust system

prturbo

Hey guys

I am currently looking for a complete exhaust system for my 87. I seen one on kerbanperformance.com called Pypes but dont know much about it and the price is pretty decent ($400 shipped). Does anyone know about this system?

If anyone has a complete system (hangers, clamps, hardware) they want to sell in new or almost new condition (prefer stainless steel) and somewhere in the same price range please let me know.

Thanks
Eric

Tony-

Can you send me some pics of the system to errivera21@hotmail.com

I am interested....how far away are you from chicago?

Thanks
Eric

Eric,
I have a new computer and me trying to load pictures is not gonna work today. I have way to many things to do and its not sitting at the computer trying to figure how to send pictures.Sorry. The exhaust could all be polished to look new. My car has seen rain maybe twice and the only repair ever done was a patch welding over a soft spot between the two pipes right off the flange. Why I am not sure. You cannot see it unless you are under the car. Not a big deal. There are others interested if you are not sure. Thanks.

There are quite a few people running around with the pypes kit on their Buicks (including me) and it is a good kit for the money (less than $300 at summit). But for $400, a used Cottons exhaust kit would look pretty tempting to me.

There are quite a few people running around with the pypes kit on their Buicks (including me) and it is a good kit for the money (less than $300 at summit). But for $400, a used Cottons exhaust kit would look pretty tempting to me.

Exhaust system SOLD.:D

russ

do you have the item number from summit? does it bolt right up? sounds good?

Thanks in advance
Eric

I'll bet you are glad you didn't end up with this junk I bought! you almost wasted your money on it. 04-01-10_1429.jpg

04-01-10_1430.jpg
I did that with my finger putting it on. patched a small weak spot my a$$. no big deal! don't worry I'll take care of your trash. strait shooter ha ha ha!

Unbelievable. Thats only one spot. Exhaust is complete junk. Sorry Austin, I wouldnt have sent you Tony's way if I would have known that he was going to sell you junk. I know you dont have the money to waste and even thoug hI would have never sold you that junk, I feel somewhat responsible. I liked the comment "could be pollished". Should have said, "should be thrown in the f*cking garbage but I'll take your money." Wonder where my crank is??? Never ended up getting that either.

400 bucks for exhaust with holes in it-WTF? That's alot of money to be getting screwed on. I'm so tired of seeing honest hard workin people getting ripped off on this board. Not all of us make 100k a year to buy new parts all the time. We put our trust in our fellow buick owners just to be let down. It will soon come to no one will want to buy off this board anymore.

Austin, I hope you can get it repaired cheap and make it useable. I wonder if we can get Pypes to make a 3 inch system??

Wow, October and now you guys our attacking Tony! Didnt you pick it up from him in person 5 months ago?

6 months of winter sitting on the shelf should cause something to fall to pieces. Austin, please make your post in the feedback section and then I'll respond further.

Austin tried to handle this nicely and this is the responce he recieved:

"Sorry but you are on your own. I took the system off and sold it as is! You have had it 6 months, where was it stored? I have no idea and I am not going to worry about it. Thanks"

6 months of winter sitting on the shelf should cause something to fall to pieces.

My point exactly. It wouldnt fall apart sitting on the shelf. And he picked it up in person, 6 months ago, and inspected it, so somethings wrong.... I agree that you should step back and let Austin handle it, if he and Tony cant work it out amongst themselves then thats there problem. I'm sure we can find just as many people around here that have had nothing but positive dealings with Tony.

My point exactly. It wouldnt fall apart sitting on the shelf. And he picked it up in person, 6 months ago, and inspected it, so somethings wrong.... I agree that you should step back and let Austin handle it, if he and Tony cant work it out amongst themselves then thats there problem. I'm sure we can find just as many people around here that have had nothing but positive dealings with Tony.

Yeah I understand. It would have been nice to get a responce back that went something like this:

"dang man, sorry there is no reason a practically new exhaust system should be turnin into rust dust, I wouldnt have sold it to you for almost the cost new if I had known, let me call up Jack Cotton and see if he can help us out"

Instead of:
"I'm not going to worry about it"

It was advertised as "could be pollished to look new." Obviously there is some really poor quality material used to build this. I have a stock exhaust that had been sitting in the weeds since 92 thats still intact. Less than one season on a race car shouldnt be all a $500 exhaust sytem is good for.

Anyways, Austin, make a feedback post and it'll get hashed out.