Compressor Housings

B

brewmeister7

I'm shopping for a new center section for my '79 T-3 turbo.The turbine size was easy to find stamped in the side of the housing was A/R .82. I can not seem to find the size of the compressor side though.All books say it should be a .42,but I want to be sure before I make my purchase.Anyone know where this is stamped or identified?Also,my current setup has the option of water cooling besides the usual oil feeds.I would like some feedback as to whether the water cooling would be worth the time and effort or not.Whaddaya think fellas????I'm so:confused: !!!!!!!

Look inside the compressor's oulet. Right inside the elbow or "foot".

Water cooling isn't common in any Turbo Buick applications. If the 9-sec guys don't need, we probably don't either.

Oh Darn.....You mean I have to take it off:mad: ...Just kidding...I know the .62 turbine spools up quicker,but is the .82 better once it gets moving on the top end....Like in a top speed application such as...say...the Silver State Challenge.:D

Originally posted by brewmeister7
current setup has the option of water cooling besides the usual oil feeds.I would like some feedback as to whether the water cooling would be worth the time and effort or not.Whaddaya think fellas????I'm so:confused: !!!!!!!

Personally I would think it would be worth the effort to hook up.
The cooler you can keep the compressor housing, the cooler the charge of air that is created will be & the more boost you can safely run. I've seen turbo's like these set up with cold water & an electric pump separate of the radiator for extra cooling. The guy claims he was running 20 psi on pump gas & alcohal injection & no I.C.
He had the cool water plumbed a few other stratigic places too;)

I didn't think '78-'83 TB's had water cooled turbo's?¿?
:confused: :confused: :confused: