Congrats To Jeff Rand

SYTECH

What a way to represent Jeff

Sunday out at California Speedway (Track Rental Event) I had the pleasure of watching Jeff do a 9.70's run and then he backed it up with a 9.50's at over 140 mph

And whats up with this 1.3 second 60 foot off of the foot brake....Jees....lol

It's been a long time coming and it is great to see those types of runs Jeff

Congrats

Hopefully Jeff will jump in and give the exact time slip data

And by the way, after you left somebody from TECH was in the pits looking for your NHRA License....lol

Way to Go

Ray

Congrats Jeff!!!!!

Awesome times! Especially for a guy who does his own work and footbreaking a 1.3 :eek: Insane! Sorry I couldn't make it too, wife had diffrent plans on Sunday. Let us know when you will be going again...hopefully soon :wink: I'll be racing too.

Thanks guys it was a lot of hard work but it paid off. Also thanks to Lonnie Diers for a 200 4R that held up to the HP. In fact he said he would return my $350 for the rebuild if it did not hold up for one year. Thank you Neil, Rick and Reg for all the help and support (sounds like the Oscar's).
The first run was done in overdrive by mistake; 1.36 sixty
9.78@134mph.
The second run I was wandering all over the starting line after the launch; 1.41 sixty 9.66@141mph. It was the second run that got me an early exit from Fontana. They did not like that mph without an NHRA license. I am now looking at getting the car and driver legal to run in the nines.
Jeff

If there is anybody that deserves a 9 second time slip its Jeff. I know how hard he has worked to get to this point. Jeff is the only guy that I know who has been more snake bit than me in this quest for the 9 second time slip.

Congrats buddy you over came it all.

Reg :) :)

Roll Cage

Where did you get your cage done at Jeff?

SYTECH said:
What a way to represent Jeff :cool:

Sunday out at California Speedway (Track Rental Event) I had the pleasure of watching Jeff do a 9.70's run and then he backed it up with a 9.60's at over 140 mph

And whats up with this 1.3 second 60 foot off of the foot brake....Jees....lol

It's been a long time coming and it is great to see those types of runs Jeff

Congrats

Hopefully Jeff will jump in and give the exact time slip data

And by the way, after you left somebody from TECH was in the pits looking for your NHRA License....lol

Way to Go

Ray

SYTECH said:
Where did you get your cage done at Jeff?

Ray,
I had the roll bar done in Santa Ana many years ago. I have contacted a guy in Ontario that specializes in chassis work. He sounds honest and is reasonable. The guy running that Pro Street Chevy (parked next to me) highly recommended him to me. Next week Reg and I are going to get prices for each of our cars for cage work. I will let you know how it goes.
Again to all thanks for all the kind words and encouragement.
Jeff

Jeff,

That is fantastic news; I wish we could see that happen "just once" at the Street Legals just to blow people's minds! Congrats!

Morgan

Drip Pan said:
Jeff,

That is fantastic news; I wish we could see that happen "just once" at the Street Legals just to blow people's minds! Congrats!

Morgan
I have to admit that it is very cool seeing the looks that I got by other racers in the pits after that run. A few gave me the thumbs up and many just had looks of disbelief. The guy that pitted next to me with the Pro Street (big blower, no hood or interior) was only running 2 tenths faster.
Jeff

We all wish we would have seen that

Jeff, can we get a big heads up on the next track rental? I hear they sell out in hours. So we have to be "kwik".

Ssvalleyboy said:
Jeff, can we get a big heads up on the next track rental? I hear they sell out in hours. So we have to be "kwik".

You can check their web site "Alternative Motoring.com" for future dates and once you have signed up for a private track rental, then they will start e-mailing information on upcoming events. Because the track will be closed for several months; this event sold out over night. I was just lucky to check my e-mails the night of the notification.
Jeff

Air Pump

Jeff,

Where did you get your air pump from (front engine bay fender mounted / run to breathers & catch can) ?

I run the same type of breather caps as you and I was considering the catch can and hose route but had not considered a seperate air pump

Definitely keeps the oil from the intake

Best Regards,

Ray

Jeff Rand said:
thanks to Lonnie Diers for a 200 4R that held up to the HP.
------
Jeff: Congrats! I'm way up in Fresno so don't get to participate much except by this site. Kinda jealous of the Derelick Donut crowd too!
I'm wanting to put a built 200 4R in a heavy 12.0 A- body. I'd bet you would recommend Lonnie...how would I contact him?
Thanks....Ray

Turbo Enthusiasts Welcome all over Cali

#1HotRod said:
------
Kinda jealous of the Derelick Donut crowd too!
Dont be jealous of the Derelick crowd, get a couple or a lot of GN, T-Types Together and one saturday we could all meet up and make history.

#1HotRod said:
------
Jeff: Congrats! I'm way up in Fresno so don't get to participate much except by this site. Kinda jealous of the Derelick Donut crowd too!
I'm wanting to put a built 200 4R in a heavy 12.0 A- body. I'd bet you would recommend Lonnie...how would I contact him?
Thanks....Ray
Ray,
Lonnie is located in Ohio. His cell number is 513-200-6785.
Jeff

SYTECH said:
Jeff,

Where did you get your air pump from (front engine bay fender mounted / run to breathers & catch can) ?

I run the same type of breather caps as you and I was considering the catch can and hose route but had not considered a seperate air pump

Definitely keeps the oil from the intake

Best Regards,

Ray
The vacuum pump was recommended by Jason Kramer. I think it is used on the newer Vets. You could call Jason for the part# then order it from GM Parts Direct.
Jeff