Control Arms

vic86gn

Im looking to replace the stock lower control arms on my GN (MAYBE UPPER ALSO)and I was wondering what replacement arms is everyone using.The car isnt lowered.Gonna be used for street and strip...High 9 ,low ten second car..
Stock?
Umi?
Etc
thanks in advance

Im looking to replace the stock lower control arms on my GN (MAYBE UPPER ALSO)and I was wondering what replacement arms is everyone using.The car isnt lowered.Gonna be used for street and strip...High 9 ,low ten second car..
Stock?
Umi?
Etc
thanks in advance
You will get many different opinions on A-arms that people are using, What work, what don't work etc... but what you need to do is take some time and look at all the leading manufactures and decide for your self on what they offer and what your car will MAINLY be used for.

To me a-arms don't do anything for or take away anything for a car at the drag strip, What you need to look at is your budget and what each a-arm manufacture has to offer for your money and what each one does to correct the "Bump steer"...

I personally have the DSE front upper & lower control arms on my car and love how well they correct the bump steer and how well they are manufactured, They are one of the TOP leading manufactures in the business and ALL of there stuff is track proven to work....They are the only a-arms out there with "Caster Tuner Bushings" to control Fore & Aft adjustments of each upper control arm. They also come installed with Delrin bushings which have an increased stiffness over stock bushings and eliminate the squeak of poly bushings...

Look at all options and what each manufacture has to offer before buying...

Scot W.

How are the control arms correcting the bump Steer? if you are still using the factory spindle? and factory replacement steering components?

Why the lower first? Most are just stock replacements that look cool and the couple that do change geometry are really made to lessen the impact of their uppers at extreme changes in geometry.

Uppers will do the most good and something like SC&C's stage II kit would get you in the right direction fast.

If I were you I would buy a set of spc adjustable uppers and some howe tall ball joints first, no real need to change the lowers unless your looking to squeeze every last ounce of handling out of the car

Anyone have pics of what these different a arms look line-I ll be doing this shortly as well?

First, I would like to know... are you talking about fronts or rears?

x2 I read the first post and was going to jump in thinking rear then I saw all the reponses on the front.

If talking about the rear I want to also throw a question in on whats better.

Tubular or boxed? Assumiung aftermarket on either.

SPC adjustable upper control arms.

Suspension5.jpg

HPIM1959.jpg

Rob

ok just for the record, the control arms DO NOT correct any bump steer, OR ackerman. just so we are all straight on this fact.
I have seen where you asked this several times now and as I may have worded it wrong in my first post I will reword it...

I don't know what corrections other company's A-Arms do but the DSE a-arms geometry is improved over stock by increasing camber gain and improving the roll camber.

Hope this helped answer your question..

Scot W.

hey Scott just trying to keep the information "Correct" not bustin you or the product in any way, just alot of "Marketing" BlaBLah and it confuses people. they end up spending money on something that doesn't Exist.