converter

bad V6

My current Vigilante can't keep up with the power the motor is making. The Vigilante stalls 0# boost at 2600, and launched last Saturday at 19# @ 4250 RPM on the footbrake. Shifts are still good and solid, with a 750 +/- RPM drop. But, I'm loosing MPH @ the shift points compare to where it was with the 6152 turbo. I feel it's time for a new converter. What do you recommend for the combo in my sig?

The rpm drop is good, is that locking the Vig? If so when are you locking it, can you post a log you recorded. If you want to stay with the Lockup the Vig is the best I've used. You could send it in to be tighted up a bit to a #4 pump, if not your next choice is the PTC 9.5 NON lockup 16 or 17 blade. Its best to have Dusty spec the PTC converter.

The actual mph is falling after the shift points? Is the boost higher than it was with the smaller turbo? With a 0# stall at 2600 rpm you can't tighten it anymore or it will kill the launch and really slow down spooling.

What rpm are you shifting at? If it's loosing mph after the gear change then the engine is beiong pulled down to far out of it's power range. Loosening it will help that but then you give up slip on the top end. I'd prefer the 9.5 non lock to deal with all issues.

I have never locked this converter at WOT. I'm hoping to get some info on whether to have this one restalled or go to a PTC 9.5" NL converter. I'm leaning towards the PTC, but would like some insight on what people are using and suggest.

This car weighs in at 3650 with me, and I'm hoping to run somewhere close to a 10 flat. The car is a street/strip car, poke around town and drive to the track.

The 9.5 ptc nonlocker is the ticket.best or both worlds loose down couples up top and drives awesome on the street.

Actual WOT shift points are at approx 50 RPM higher, while the shift is taking place at around 6-7 MPH slower speeds. The vehicle continues to pick up speed during and after the shift. Letting the tranny shift at 5750 RPM. The motor pulls hard to 6000 in 3rd gear.

Yeah if its unlocked then your losing some HP blowing thru the vig up top. Depending on your budget you could have the Vig. single upgraded to a 5 disk is usually about 400.00 or bite the bullet and by the 9.5 NON L/U PTC..

L/U versus NL/U
I have my opinion--what do others say?
What is the down side to changing from L/U to NL/U and doing nothing to pump?

Sorry I just can't give up that the lockup but if i ever did I would mod the pump with a Non lockp Valve..