Cool rear pic

Looks SWEET! :D

If you have a BIG original file, PLEASE e-mail it to me. Any video & car/driver specs/info would be super too. Adding a bunch to our website and show presentation.

PS- Looks like you might want to double check that the bar is in a neutral setting. Sometimes things settle in after jacking it up, racing, towing, etc. If it is neutral, you might want to try adding a SLIGHT bit of pre-load to the pass side. If you have airbads still, add 2psi to pass side and reset bar to long side of neutral hand feeling. If no bags, then go 1.5 turns longer than neutral. See if that makes an improvement. If it stays the same, you can leave it there, put it back, or try something in-between. Looks awesome, but that's the perfectionist in me coming out :)

Good luck in '05 !!!

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Thats about an 8# launch

Let's see more boost on the launch Otto!:)

Len did a 1.47 with my car 2 weeks ago with his first time in the car. Last Sunday I had a 1.36 with lots of boost off the line.:)

Since I installed the HR Parts bar, my car goes straight and level, very easy to control on a slippery track. I removed the air bags and have Paul's upper adjustable arms with pinion angle set 3-4 degrees. Never had to adjust the bar since the install, just followed the instructions Paul supplied.

Ya Nick in due time, I was having a transbrake issue with release, But a new brake is on the way now, Look for 20#+ launches once teh new tires are here:D

Paul:

Does your bar fit with ATR's 3" duals? It appears my mufflers are right where the turnbuckles go. Any idea?

Jim

the turnbuckles are almost touching he control arms and are no that big.
I would say Yes, But maybe someone local could let you check theres out,
Salvage came over my house and let me measure his before i bought it.
Thanks Again Alan

I'm still stuck at 1.8 60 fts. :p

Gotta try real slicks someday. :confused:

Glad the bar worked out great with your exhaust and setup. :)

Originally posted by TurboJim
Paul:

Does your bar fit with ATR's 3" duals? It appears my mufflers are right where the turnbuckles go. Any idea?

Jim

ATR picked a new route to run their exhaust, which makes it really close. We had a guy in Hawaii that said they hit, but we found a way around it. If the bolts are put in from the outside, the heads stick our less than the end of the bolt & lock-nut (if put in from inside). Also, the hex adjusters can be set both 1" longer than instructions (still even) to push the ends of the bar lower. This gives it enough clearance & doesn't effect strength or performance at all.

Also, for these apps, just let us know you have the ATR dual 3" setup. Our bars vary in width slightly after heat treat (normal since we started), and we can hand pick a slightly narrower one. It may only be 1/4", but more clearance is always better.

Originally posted by TurboJim
Paul:

Jim

Mine fits but its tight, I've got about a half inch on each side. The bolt that goes though the lower rod end is close to the bend up on the tailpipes, the mufflers are a few inches forward...

How is the "typical" clearance between an HR sway bar and the ATR 3" Single Shot ??

By what we hear, the 1/2" is about typical, which is plenty if properly installed. The guy in Hawaii was hitting at first, and as I said above, we flipped the bolts and lengthened the struts & got room that way. Keith was good to point out that the muffs are forward of this area, and the pipe at that bend going up is the only close spot.

With the poly/axle mounts being at 27"+ apart, that keeps the bends on the bar right at the edge of the poly. That keeps the bar right on center of the rear, and doesn't move under turns or launches. The tighter the clearance, the more important the width becomes on the axle brackets. Again, follow directions & put them at 27" & 99% of the time all is well.

THANKS!

PS-- Keith, got any good pics of yours? I got a decent one from the rear, but it was dark & kinda grainy looking. Think I got one video too, but I was too far away to get it good.