Coolant sensor question

Johnnie

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a double post as my iPad is being iStupid. Anyway, I was about to install my coolant temp gauge and the instructions say to remove the old one ( for the idiot "hot" light) and replace it with the one for the gauge. But, I have a question: Does the ecu get a signal from the stock sender for any type of temperature regulation ? Like turning on the cooling fan? Not knowing this , I was a little uncomfortable in installing the new gauge until someone more knowledgable than me can give me some advice.
Thanks in advance, Johnnie

The ECM has it's own temperature sensor (CTS). It has two wires going to it and is right above the cam sensor.

The sensor you want to remove will have a single wire going to it with a spade type connector. It is located in the front of the intake manifold lower left of the radiator hose connection,

RemoveBeforeFlight

The ECM has it's own temperature sensor (CTS). It has two wires going to it and is right above the cam sensor.

The sensor you want to remove will have a single wire going to it with a spade type connector. It is located in the front of the intake manifold lower left of the radiator hose connection,

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thank you very much ! I hate being a noob....

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thank you very much ! I hate being a noob....

You can also remove the 'high speed fan' switch located to the right of the throttlebody facing up.

Since we jump out the low speed resistor (and toss the fan delay relay in the trash) It's not needed.

Plus, if you install a switch that will ground that unhooked wire (green/yellow) you can command the fan to run oh high if you want.