Cost of Rebuild

Drove out to the shop last week, block is back from the machine shop and all parts are there:cool:

Hopefully car will be done in a month or so:wink:

What's the old saying......"How fast can you afford to go?":cool:[/QUOTE]

I think the old quote was" Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"
That's what I was asked by a well know speed shop in the 1970's.

Well picked up the car on Saturday, has 100 miles on it now.

Talk about a change from stock to not stock::D

And to let you guy's know approx total for everything is a mere $20,000:eek:

But what the hell you only live once, or so that is what I have been told.

Mark

I'd say for a stock rebuild or restified engine, as long as your block, crank, rods, and heads didn't have any major problems you'd spend around 1500$ Add more if you pay someone to put it together.

It seems like people make these engines out to be black magic to put together, but I feel like anyone that pays attention to what they are doing, and uses common sense will be OK. At least on a basic rebuild. I'd just try to avoid running much over .002 clearance on the mains because it can bleed oil pressure to the rod bearings (especially with 1/2 groove mains), I feel on a rebuild it's pretty straight forward.

Here in Chicago

Contact the machine shop U will be using and ask for a price list. Then figure out worst case scenario. Thats gonna be the big factor because here in Chicago we have two very good machine shops that are close to me but they have very different pricing. One place is about half the cost of the other. Unfortunately, when I built my motor I didnt know about the cheaper shop :frown: .
Hi, I'm looking for a place to take my motor but I can't find a good shop for a reasonable price. Which is the cheaper shop you are speaking of? Thanks