Craigslist v.what would you do?

Justa6

Meh.....
Ok, here's the story. I'm trying to sell a 82-92 Firebird Ram Air I hood on craigslist. All I'm asking for is $400.00 cash in person at time of pickup, but one guy want's to pay with either a MO or a cashiers check (for the hood, $10 extra for my having to run around, and for the pick up charge).

Here is the email....

The price and conditions of this item are all okay so I wanna like to make an outright purchase of this particular item immediately. cos of the urgent need of it and we wanna get it as soon as possible, I anticipate that a Money Order or Certified Check will be sent to you via express mail or UPS or FedEx as the mode of payment, concerning the pickup, I’m gonna be responsible for that, where the mover will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and I wanna tell you to remove this item from the ad now. So I will send the payment which will include the pick up charges, in which you will make payable to the mover via Money Gram/Western Union immediately after you have receive the payment and you will be compensated with $10 extra for your running around to the Money Gram/Western Union outlet to avoid the delay. And I would really love to come for the viewing but due to my work frame that might not be possible....and I will like you to provide the following payment information below as soon as possible;
full name..............
Full home address (physical
City................
state...............
zip code............
tel#............
As soon as this is provided I will let you know when payment is mailed out and I will update you on when you will receive the payment and give you instructions on what to do....
thanks an hope we gonna handle this in good faith......
Thanks

Now, CL warns about this due to scamming. My question to you guys is this....is there really a big problem with accepting a cashiers/certified check?? How could I be scammed this way? I mean, you have to have the money in your account to get one from your bank correct?? Also, him wanting to pay the people picking it up by MO seems very weird to me. Maybe a scam?? I don't know?

Help:confused: :confused:

Yep...it's a gmail addy. I thought it was a scam. I hardly sell anything online, so I just wanted to make sure. Damnit, I just wanna sell this hood!:rolleyes:

Hahah c'mon it's obvious... scam.

He sends you a fake check for over the amount of what you are asking and then will ask for the extra money back. Or as it seems in this case, send it to a third party which is also him or a friend. This is a classic scam.

Look at his grammar and spelling, his vocabulary, etc... He's not from 'round these parts.

"my work frame" lol

I can't believe they still use this one!!!

It was in the news a year or so back..almost the exact same wording they talked about.

Cash and an in-person pick up.

Scam i read in a car magazine last year the same letter word for word from the editor the prices of the parts were different but all the rest was the same probable end up shipping it to Nigeria

Hahah c'mon it's obvious... scam.

He sends you a fake check for over the amount of what you are asking and then will ask for the extra money back. Or as it seems in this case, send it to a third party which is also him or a friend. This is a classic scam.

Look at his grammar and spelling, his vocabulary, etc... He's not from 'round these parts.

"my work frame" lol

X2 !!! come on !! I can't believe guys post this stuff. :rolleyes:

SCAMMER..... you deposit the check and then somehow hes able tog et into ur account and swipe you account clear bub..... happened to my buddy... trying to sell an intake....NFG

I have had this happen to me when selling a stang:eek: asking for 17K got email saying sending Cashiers check for 22K please send diffrence to shipper.... BS..... if you want to sell it to him its simple get check go to bank that issued the check and CASH it they will know if its real or fake (personally i think fake) Thats what i did and even thou it looked good to me, teller took one looked and said fake.

Tell him to send you the check, you cash it, wait 10 days then tell him I'll release the hood. See if he responds back. Doughtful he'll respond back, probably his e-mail is no good now.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Some guy tried the same scam with me on a motor I sold,told me he'll give me asking price plus 100 bucks if I gave him the same info as you stated above,and pulled the ad...