CTP-66P vs. 6776E

Steve

I am looking for some opinions on the CPT-66P vs. 6776E. I am in the market for a turbo and I am looking for something in the 66mm range and both of these turbos have some special pricing on them currently. I have run a 6776S on a car in the past and I liked it and the car ran very well but I am unsure of how that compares to the CPT-66P because I have never run one of the Turbonetics turbos before. My motor set up will be farily "normal" mid to high 10 second set up-fresh shortblock with good parts, ported irons, 212/212 cam and the other supporting mods. Thanks

If you like 67/76 street manners you will love the billet wheel version...

Same/better spool up and another 150HP :eek:

I am looking for some opinions on the CPT-66P vs. 6776E. I am in the market for a turbo and I am looking for something in the 66mm range and both of these turbos have some special pricing on them currently. I have run a 6776S on a car in the past and I liked it and the car ran very well but I am unsure of how that compares to the CPT-66P because I have never run one of the Turbonetics turbos before. My motor set up will be farily "normal" mid to high 10 second set up-fresh shortblock with good parts, ported irons, 212/212 cam and the other supporting mods. Thanks

They will run almost the same. The 67 will move a little more if needed. Not a benefit till your over 5700 rpm. With either you will hit a backpressure issue before you can come close to maxing the compressors. I dont even think t-netics offers the p trim anymore. The ones ive seen came with the 65 trim wheel or the big S trim that i have posted about recently. If you have a 212/212 id go to a S/GTQ, HPQ exhaust and get a PTC 9.5".

They will run almost the same. The 67 will move a little more if needed. Not a benefit till your over 5700 rpm. With either you will hit a backpressure issue before you can come close to maxing the compressors. I dont even think t-netics offers the p trim anymore. The ones ive seen came with the 65 trim wheel or the big S trim that i have posted about recently. If you have a 212/212 id go to a S/GTQ, HPQ exhaust and get a PTC 9.5".

How does that new 65 trim turbine wheel compare to the S trim wheel as far as back pressure is concerned ? TIA

How does that new 65 trim turbine wheel compare to the S/GTQ trim wheel as far as back pressure is concerned ? TIA
It is much better than the p trim and lighter and will take less to spool than the S/GTQ trim. It will not flow as much as the S/GTQ trim though.