Damn gremlins

TOOMANYTOYS

Was working on my 87 GN yesterday swapping my plastic vacuum block for a aluminum one and trying to repair a broken tensioner. Anyway when I went to start the car it would only crank one time and do it weakly so I checked the battery cables. Come to find that the ground cable wasn't attached to the engine. WTF?! How does the bolt back its way out when the car hasn't left my driveway in a few weeks? It has been started many times though as I have been making minor repairs since buying this car (radiator, water pump, y pipe). The sound of the starter changed as well. It used to sound like a oem starter and now it whistles like a high torque one although it isn't one. I just don't get how this car was starting with the cable disconnected

Your battery ground cable also has a 10 gauge body ground wire, usually on the fender.

It is a crappy ground path for the starter as compared to the ground cable connection on the engine block.

Oh well New gremlin. Car just left me and my wife stranded. I guess the starter went. I should have taken that change in tone as a warning. Had to tow it home. Really starting to hate this car

Dont mess with it get a mini starter, 1/4 weight and way easier to install, can actually hold it up with one hand to get the bolts in.