Damn, I knew he'd do it!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
So, I bought my T-Type from my dad about a month ago. Well, he couldn't live without another hot rod. (He claims his 95 Impala SS isn't fast enough for him) He is looking at a 94 Viper or possibly a 70 GSX stage 1. I keep telling him to go with the GSX because I might stand a small chance against that one. The Viper would probably hand my T-Type its A$$. Either way, he's gonna have a sweet ride that I will be lucky to even look at.

Not so fast my friend.....:cool: I think that with a few changes the TR should probably be handing the snake his a$$. Okay the viper may get you off the line, but it should soon be hearing this small, then loud whistling noise as it sucks the side pipes off going by. It all depends on how much you want to invest. Just because it has 12 cylinders doesn't always mean it's the fastest. Remember that!!:eek:

BTW I'm not bashing vipers. Hell I want one too.:D I'm just stating my opinion. Also see if he has enough $$$ and buy me one too. I'd like black please.:)

V10 not V12 and........

I don't think the Viper would get him off the line cause those cars don't seem to launch worth a sh!t with the combo of the 6-speed, IRS, and a lot of torque..... they usually spin the tires half way down the track as I have seen unless they have some sticky tires and a real good driver who knows how to launch a 6spd car..... Also, if his Dad gets a '94 Viper it will have the 1st gen V10 motor that makes 400hp (the '96-'02 Vipers made 450-460hp and the 2003 Vipers make 500hp) and runs low 13's to high 12's @109-112mph so with a couple little mods he will be handing Dad his ass and then if he gets something like a 44 turbo, 50lb injectors, and V4 intercooler Dad's Viper will be a little spec in the rear view :D ;) Vipers are mainly top end cars that are really strong on the highway from about a 50mph punch. BTW Tom, you should check out the vid of the two GNs killing the Viper on www.buickpower.com and show it to Dad:cool:

Tom,

Yeah I agree with the guys don't be so quick to toss in the towel, gotta remember you now own "the fastest production car ever built" and with a few simple simple mods you can quickly build a monster of a car out of that T-type..

86brick,

Vipers put out alot of power to only be a 12 second car, I personally can NEVER EVER get a viper to run with me from a stop, one that I came across roughly a month ago would toy with every fast looking car on the street but wouldn't give me the time of day...Maybe he thought I was just a Monte Carlo.:mad:

Todd

GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess I am screwed now! Dad has been talking to my uncle about buying my uncle's 87 GN with 58K on it. Now in theory, our cars should be about the same except I have aluminum wheels and his would be steel, but he would have the $$ to go out and pick the ATR catalog apart, while me, the poor college boy has to buy all that so-called needed stuff (tuition, books, food, rent...) Guess I should get a nuclear engineering degree too huh?

Tune it, young Skywalker...

Get an adjustable wastegate (I have yet to master the wastegate on mine tho ;) ).

A bunch of parts does not a fast car make.

Learn how to tune your car and:
make your wastegate adj
get some good rear tires
fuel pump and hotwire
Thrasher chip
sneak in some race gas
scan tool
DO NOT TELL YOUR DAD WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR

I bet you will be handing your dad his A$$ for the first year at least while he is figuring out how to tune his car with all his bolt ons:D

Well, I don't think I can out-tune him, he's owned a TR since 86 and he knows them pretty well. As far as adding parts, I think I'll do an AFPR, Walbro 340 & hotwire kit, big mouth CAI, Thrasher 92, and tune with scanmaster. But I think in the end, he will prevail. But for now, I can take his Impala SS all day long!

Tell him to get a viper and check out some of our brakes on our website www.Dilusimotorsports.com If he decides to get a viper get a gts for general performance. if he wants one for drag racing tell him to look for a 92-96 (gen one) it's top speed is not as fast but it has a ladder bar suspension.We have some pictures of my dad's red viper on there it has Dilusi motorsports on it. The car is far from stock and has 9.90's in it all day long and drive it home and road race or auto cross. As for vipers not launching hard is a matter of bad drivers, Even though the are independent rear suspension I know guys who are pullin wheels off the ground. A viper will beat a stock tr off the line until the tr spools up.The 12 second cars are doing that on street tires (pilot sports or michelin mxxx3's) which really do suck for drag racing. Granted a stock tr tuned right can beat a stock viper. A viper is a different kind of fast. You can actually drive 190mph without breaking crap. and you always feel like you are going faster versus a tr or any oldschool muscle car it is a "big" kind of fast like pushing a brick through the air. A viper is a fun bad azz car!!