Dan Goldstein (hope I spelt that right)

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
I just wanted to give a big thanks out to Dan for last week. As most of you probably wouldnt know exactly what happen, heres the story, and sorry its late Ive been working overtime. Last week I went to Englishtown with Eric Schertz from Dynotech and met Dan there as well. Eric and I made a few runs in each of our cars, and since his is superfast they let his lane get their last run in before everyone else. Eric took off and left to go back to the shop in Manville to drop the car off and then head home to Long Island. I was there for my last run and Dan waited for me too, we hoped for my first 12 sec time slip. I lined up and ran it. As Im coming back the car has an eratic idle, but I didnt pay much attention, cause my timeslip says 12.91@105.5 When I pull over to park, I notice the scanmaster is registering 32.6 degrees of knock, my heart sinks to my feet and suddenly nothing is scary in my life anymore. Dan comes over and I tell him the problem. He calls Eric and we call a tow service but the tow truck never came, we diagnose the problem, blown head gasket. There is some relief since the bottom end was still intact. To make a long story short, Dan helps me push the my car out of Englishtown towards the security area. We pull over and see a guy pulling his car out. We ask him if its ok if we leave the car there, the guys response is "Hey man thats a Grand National, dont leave that car outside, go put that in the gates, they'll lock the car in over night, I dont want anything to happen to it." So we thank him very much and get his Michael Nap(shortened last name). Hes the owner of Englishtown, and probably one of the nicest guys I have met in a long time. He lets me keep my car locked up over night and the next day Jim from dynotech goes down with his monster 13 sec turbo diesel Dodge Ram to pick it up for me. At the end of the night Dan drives me all the way the hell home to my house, which is North of Englishtown by about 45mins or so. Dan lives south of Englishtown and is approximately 60miles from it. He drops me off at my house at midnight and basically talk about our car problems from the TRs and previous cars. I dont know what time he must of got home, but I am very thankful I know him and that he was there for me, I consider him a TR brother and would like everyone to know what a stand up guy he is, and I owe him a hell of a lot. So I know its not much, but thank you so much Dan.

Carl

No problem.

Its Mike Knapp (Owner of Englishtown Raceway Park)...

and...

just shorten your signature ;)

Good to hear a story like that. I know I have been helped similarly, and I try to do the same when I can.

That is a monster truck for sure! I was following him in to norwalk (just off the turnpike) in my bonneville and I really had to mash on it to keep up and he had his car on the trailer behind it!:eek:

Pat Adkins

would you believe the freaking truck ran a 13.5@97mph

he peeled out throughout the whole 60' in four wheel drive

another great example of what it does is

one night him and Eric were towing Erics car to a race
and their friend got next to them on the highway in their Chevy Tahoe and started reving at them, they raced and Jims pick up took of and killed the tahoe, while pulling Erics full weight T-type

Wow that is too cool. Now if I could just talk my wife into letting me build a truck like that.:D

Dan is the man!!!!.........

.......and so is Mike Napp!

It's refreshing to know that there are good people out there that will look out for each other when something goes wrong.

Mike and I go way back and he will bend over backwards for you if you ever need anything. It's also good to know that the future of Raceway Park is in good hands.

Excellent!!

I've had similare experiences with Mark Martone, and Jay Carter - they have bailed my ass and my car out more than once! :D

THANKS GUYS!!

Mark S.