Danko Reproductions=HORRIBLE!!!

Fillers

I GOT FRONT AND REARS OFF EBAY AND THEY FIT GOOD NOT PERFECT BUT I HAVE INSTALLED OTHER SETS AND THE INSTALL WAS EASY ON BOTH SETS.:biggrin:

I wish I would have seen this thread first. I ordered a set of gnx louvers from them on the 1st. I called them and told them the car was in the body shop and asked if I could get them immediately. I even paid extra for overnight shipping. That was on the 1st.

Here it is the end of the month and no louvers, they dont answer phone calls or emails. I finally got a tracking number from Florida a few days ago and it shows 7 days to get here!?! What *******s

I wish I would have seen this thread first. I ordered a set of gnx louvers from them on the 1st. I called them and told them the car was in the body shop and asked if I could get them immediately. I even paid extra for overnight shipping. That was on the 1st.

Here it is the end of the month and no louvers, they dont answer phone calls or emails. I finally got a tracking number from Florida a few days ago and it shows 7 days to get here!?! What *******s

we had those in stock.

I'll egt some pics of the rears up here shortly. I told miguel I would send him some pics of the rear when we finished them up this morning.
Here are some pics of the fronts done.
This is the passenger front unit on a car I had from Danko back in 98. The molds were still pretty crisp. This filler is painted.
The second is our new unit.
Sorry for the poor flash in the first picture. You can see ours being a little thicker carries a truer line to the header and less gap. To be fair the danko unit didn't have a pin to the header panel so I left one out of ours as well.

Attachments

• 32511008.jpg
    32511008.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 606
  • 32511009.jpg
    32511009.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 607
Driver side front & side views.

Attachments

• 32511010.jpg
    32511010.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 598
  • 32511012.jpg
    32511012.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 604
uninstalled pics. of the fronts.

Attachments

• 32511013.jpg
    32511013.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 592
  • 32511015.jpg
    32511015.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 589
  • 32511016.jpg
    32511016.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 591
Rears before installation. Like I mentioned earlier these will be hand modified. We left alot of extra on the mold. In the tag bracket area on the original fillers there is a slot that can be seen when not using the originals. Ours are molded to lay over that area & cover the hanging area up.

You can see we also left an extra 1.5" on each side in the center to cut down so there wil be no gaps. The passenger side will be dead center in line with the tank filler like the factory original seam.
While the driver side will be under the passenger side for extra added support by about an inch.

Attachments

• 32511018.jpg
    32511018.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 585
  • 32511019.jpg
    32511019.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 581
Just recieved them today. I wish I could say the wait and no customer service was worth it. I have to say these are the worst quality reproduction parts I have ever purchased! If you hold them up to a light, you can see right threw them in spots. Tons of air holes and even a few hairline cracks! Wish I would have spent the extra money on some NOS pieces. Best advice, pass on these. Wait for the ones gbodyparts will be selling.

Its normal to see through the gel coat FWIW. I've used thick tooling gel coat that was sprayed on, and I could still see through it. Danko brushes theirs on which makes them even worse. The gel coat isn't supposed to be the finished product ie they still need to be painted. As far as the cracks and air bubbles......... that's just chitty manufacturing,lol.

Your fillers look pretty good Brian. How many molds did you get made? Better have a couple of spares. I know you sell the chit out of those things and if a mold breaks your gonna be screwed. You should also do some carbon ones.

we had those in stock.

Well I called and your girl said you didn't have them in stock when I placed an order with you on the same day I ordered the vents from them.

Not that it matters to much, I wasn't going to say anything since it seems like the exception rather than the rule but your responding in another vendors thread and I've had just as bad of luck with you. I ordered the functional vent kit on the same day as I ordered the gnx vents from danko and didn't get a tracking number until 3 emails and 25 days later. After being told they were on their way and getting the tracking number the package showed up with the relocation brackets only and a note that the vents wouldn't be coming for another week or so lol.

Like I said from other reviews I've read about you guys it seems like the exception but still...

Well I called and your girl said you didn't have them in stock when I placed an order with you on the same day I ordered the vents from them.

Not that it matters to much, I wasn't going to say anything since it seems like the exception rather than the rule but your responding in another vendors thread and I've had just as bad of luck with you. I ordered the functional vent kit on the same day as I ordered the gnx vents from danko and didn't get a tracking number until 3 emails and 25 days later. After being told they were on their way and getting the tracking number the package showed up with the relocation brackets only and a note that the vents wouldn't be coming for another week or so lol.

Like I said from other reviews I've read about you guys it seems like the exception but still...

We did not have the functional vent kits in stock but we did have the exterior vents. We do not manufacture the functional vent kit or the relocation brackets. I forwarded you the information from our manufacturer of the vent kits. It wasn't like I was feeding you lies about the vent kits or making excuses. I forwarded you every bit of information given to me by the manufacturer.

As far as responding in this vendors thread I have dealt with them since 98. They are not a supporting vendor here. To be told we borrowed your money to pay bills was the last straw. Not once but twice. So before you judge my actions you need to know the history. Not that I have ever posted the crap they have pulled. If I had the time to list how many times they have told me items were shipped & they weren't I would be here for a few days.
It puts us in the same situation you are with me know. I relayed the information given to me.
I'm not taking what you said about me personally, just telling you what happens.

Hey Brian- I don't mean for this to turn into a bitching thread about you, but I had a similar situation when I placed an order with you a few months ago. I think it had to do with the power antenna. It took a while to find out that you didn't have them and didn't know when you would get them. In the mean time, it took several emails to get my cc refunded. Anyway, I would order from you again, I just think there is room for improvement.

Hey Brian- I don't mean for this to turn into a bitching thread about you, but I had a similar situation when I placed an order with you a few months ago. I think it had to do with the power antenna. It took a while to find out that you didn't have them and didn't know when you would get them. In the mean time, it took several emails to get my cc refunded. Anyway, I would order from you again, I just think there is room for improvement.

Did you finally find another unit? You are correct I don't know of any one else meaning vendors that have the original GM units rebuilt. I knew we didn't have them when you ordered it. The power antenna couldn't be rebuilt by your time line & we did refund your $.
It's not like we are getting antennas from China & realizing they have problems & stop selling them until they get it right. When our supplier has 4 antennas sitting there he will not rebuild them. it's 10 or more to get them done. He isn't going to make any $ rebuilding 4 units.
Rick you know what the main problem is every one wants to hang on to their cores & then send them back once they get the new units. The last 5 orders I have not had 1 person send back in a core ahead of time. My guys were out yanking power antennas yesterday. So we are suppose to put $150 worth of new parts in them. Ship them to the re-manufacturer. Then at the customers convenience send them back to us so we can re-ship to them. Then the cores we get back a lot of time are units bought from salvage yards that never came in the cars. leads hacked of etc...I get to argue about that. I guess he has to rebuild them for $50.00. After shipping back & forth we are really tearing it up by selling them for $200.00.
I think I'm going to sit back & re-evaluate a lot of the services we offer & just say no we do not have this or that. It is really my own fault. We will not rebuild until we get your unit. It has to be correct & undamaged.

No maybe just do one unit at a time once the core is recieved & make it worth the re-manufacturers time & they will be $350.00. each with a 2 week turn around time.

It's just not worth the bitching. Time or prices. If we don't do it in house or local I think we will just stop. It isn't worth it. I think this is the easiest improvement.

Not that it matters to much, I wasn't going to say anything since it seems like the exception rather than the rule but your responding in another vendors thread and I've had just as bad of luck with you. QUOTE]

What vendors thread? They are not a vendor on TurboBuick.com and Gbodyparts is...

Did you finally find another unit? You are correct I don't know of any one else meaning vendors that have the original GM units rebuilt. I knew we didn't have them when you ordered it. The power antenna couldn't be rebuilt by your time line & we did refund your $.
It's not like we are getting antennas from China & realizing they have problems & stop selling them until they get it right. When our supplier has 4 antennas sitting there he will not rebuild them. it's 10 or more to get them done. He isn't going to make any $ rebuilding 4 units.
Rick you know what the main problem is every one wants to hang on to their cores & then send them back once they get the new units. The last 5 orders I have not had 1 person send back in a core ahead of time. My guys were out yanking power antennas yesterday. So we are suppose to put $150 worth of new parts in them. Ship them to the re-manufacturer. Then at the customers convenience send them back to us so we can re-ship to them. Then the cores we get back a lot of time are units bought from salvage yards that never came in the cars. leads hacked of etc...I get to argue about that. I guess he has to rebuild them for $50.00. After shipping back & forth we are really tearing it up by selling them for $200.00.
I think I'm going to sit back & re-evaluate a lot of the services we offer & just say no we do not have this or that. It is really my own fault. We will not rebuild until we get your unit. It has to be correct & undamaged.

No maybe just do one unit at a time once the core is recieved & make it worth the re-manufacturers time & they will be $350.00. each with a 2 week turn around time.

It's just not worth the bitching. Time or prices. If we don't do it in house or local I think we will just stop. It isn't worth it. I think this is the easiest improvement.

Brian- I didn't know you wanted my core. The POS has been sitting on my kitchen table for 3 months! let me know if you want it and I'll ship it to you free.The mast is fully extended. Will it push in without me breaking it? As for the one I bought, I found it on Ebay, new. I think the seller is antennax . There wasn't alot of info in the seller's listing, so if anyone wants to shop around, it is a Metra part # AW-PW22. It fits real good, haven't wired it up or tried it yet.

I'll egt some pics of the rears up here shortly. I told miguel I would send him some pics of the rear when we finished them up this morning.
Here are some pics of the fronts done.
This is the passenger front unit on a car I had from Danko back in 98. The molds were still pretty crisp. This filler is painted.
The second is our new unit.
Sorry for the poor flash in the first picture. You can see ours being a little thicker carries a truer line to the header and less gap. To be fair the danko unit didn't have a pin to the header panel so I left one out of ours as well.

Spoke with brian today and he sending me two set, and will be giving you Guys feed back process . after im done the process of making them fit, i will be sending them back to Brian so he could do his thing.

thanks miguel,thanks brian,will try to come up and see you tomorrow afternoon:)

hello peoples: I know Miguel owns Pats body shop and he's done some nice work on TB but anyone know what fillers he prefers? I could call him but I don't feel like it.
IBBY

hello peoples: I know Miguel owns Pats body shop and he's done some nice work on TB but anyone know what fillers he prefers? I could call him but I don't feel like it.
IBBY

LOL! there bumpers filler..:biggrin:

Wow Brian I knew I should have called you! I just received a set from Danko. Took several weeks like they said. I bitched about their a$$ raping shipping charges on their site and they did knock down the shipping fees a good amount but these do not look like they are worth the money that's for sure. Chips and nicks all over them. They are no where near bolt on and go. They are going to need work and painting before even thinking about putting them on any of my cars. I'm going to take them to my body guy and if he don't like them they are going back! :mad: