Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

8 SEC 109

We are mocking up this conversion with a $250 junkyard 4.8 truck motor, following the Hot Rod magazine 1200 hp recipe just for kicks. We will post up pictures, parts, numbers and prices of this conversion. We started by tearing the motor down, cleaning parts, opened both ring gaps to .028. Sent heads off to Total Engine Air Flow/ Trick flow heads.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/lsx-tech/362352-4-8-5-3-ls-heads-cnc-ported-pics.html#post2903798

4.8 front.jpg4.8 short block.jpg48right.jpg48side.jpg

I like this how long you think this build will take? I ask because we are doing something close to this and I would like to see the results.

Contact Mike at Full Throttle all of your LSX conversion needs. Here are a few pic of products supplied by Full Throttle.

rocker.jpglifter.jpgcam.jpgfront cover.jpgfuel rail.jpg

More pics

Attachments

• lsxr intake.jpg
    lsxr intake.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,933
  • oil pan bottom.jpg
    oil pan bottom.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,922
  • oil pan side.jpg
    oil pan side.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,949
  • oil pump.jpg
    oil pump.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,914
I like this how long you think this build will take? I ask because we are doing something close to this and I would like to see the results.

We are scheduled to have the turbos plumbed early January. I would guess it will hit the dyno in March.

Dave,

What tranny are you going to run?

John
We are running a bullet proof Rossler TH 210 with the Gear Vendors 6 speed overdrive. The initial dyno tests will be with the tsm Neil Chance converter, we will be upgrading to a PTC after the fire up.

Ted stopped by the shop today to degree the cam. Set the heads and intake on for a quick photo.

DEGREE CAM.jpgMOCK UP.jpg

Measured up the pushrods, placed a call to Trend Performance picked them up the same day! This was at least a month long process in the past. We will be dropping it in this week to bolt in the new motor mounts.

stock rockers.jpgleft.jpgright.jpgcenter.jpg