Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

Ok so Im curious on what the total cost of doing this conversion cost you? From start to finish. I think alot of guys would be interested in the relative cost of building a twin or even single turbo LS1 setup vs the 109's. I know its way cheaper then a 109 block, but ballpark price. Im def interested. Best of both worlds. V-8 rumble/reliabilty and the turbo setup

It depends on how far you want to go with all of the extra goodies aeroquip lines on everything, lsxr intake, twins etc.

I have about $2500 to $3000 in the long block. Heads cnc ported, cam,lifters,timing chain,oil pump,stock rocker trunion rebuild kit

great looking work bro. question for ya tho. i'm looking to do a similar build with a 5.3 and twins. it looks like ya left the inner fenders in, did ya have to clearence them at all to run both turbo's on the same side??? looks like a really close fit and was wondering about burring up the plastic.

It depends on how far you want to go with all of the extra goodies aeroquip lines on everything, lsxr intake, twins etc.

I have about $2500 to $3000 in the long block. Heads cnc ported, cam,lifters,timing chain,oil pump,stock rocker trunion rebuild kit

If you dont mind me asking what do you have into the fab work and turbo kit?

great looking work bro. question for ya tho. i'm looking to do a similar build with a 5.3 and twins. it looks like ya left the inner fenders in, did ya have to clearence them at all to run both turbo's on the same side??? looks like a really close fit and was wondering about burring up the plastic.

Had to clearance the right side inner fender plastic a bit.

It is not for me to say, but the rumors from the streets of Detroit is that we have some preliminary pulls to break in the motor.

It is not for me to say, but the rumors from the streets of Detroit is that we have some preliminary pulls to break in the motor.

Yes it's true. We made a few small pulls tonight, ran it up to 6000 rpm @ 7 pounds on the wastegate gave us 500 rwhp. Time to give it some boost!

Very cool. I hope to see this car out and about this year. In the beginning of this thread you mentioned you were going to put together a list of parts uses with PNs and total cost for the conversion. Is this still your plan?

Did you ever figure out how much wieght you gained?

Do you got plans to go to the track soon?

I am going with a big stuff3 LS1 box and stand alone harness. The factory ecu can be used and tuned using HP Tuners software.

GM performance parts also has stand alone harnesses and ecu package pretty cheap.

Any idea what the part number is?

Congrats on the new numbers! I must say this is very inspiring! I just purchased a 5.3 and will be embarking on this journey soon too! Just buying parts!

Beyond awesome thread and work on this car. This thread has single handily made the decision on what to do with the 85 Regal I have sitting in my yard doing nothing. Again great work and I'll be following the progress closely.

The junkyard mock up motor lost ring seal at 750 rwhp. LSX block going together as we speak. Im glad I didn't have my old v6 engine builder assemble that LSX motor, it would have cost 20k more that I am paying now!