Dave Husek's 200 4R Rebuild

MCH86GN

Dave Husek did a wonderful job on my transmission rebuild and specing out and getting the correct converter.
Dave spent hours on the phone with me, answering all my questions and addressing my concerns and offered great advice.

My transmission shifts great, my turbo spools instantly.

Can't wait to run my car at the track next year.

Hey Charles, thank you for the great feedback. Let me know when you get to the track. Any question, feel free to call anytime.

Transmission: TBPT Pro PLUS Build
Converter: TBPT 245mm 3521 HF Billet Lock-up 3250 stall

Thanks again,
David

Hey Charles, thank you for the great feedback. Let me know when you get to the track. Any question, feel free to call anytime.

Transmission: TBPT Pro PLUS Build
Converter: TBPT 245mm 3521 HF Billet Lock-up 3250 stall

Thanks again,
David
Thanks for my build information, I need to put it in my signature. Next year I will have questions when I take it to the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello people; Rounding off numbers how much does a rebuild like that cost?
IBBY

All depends on how fast you plan on going. Prices are listed on David's website. turbobuickperformance.com I went with his standard build and 2800 stall converter. I couldn't be happier with David's work.

Hey Dave, finally got to the track with the new Trans and converter. Dropped my 60' from 2.0 best to 1.67. Dropped my et almost 0.50 seconds and increased mph by 7. All while running 2 psi less boost than last trip with stock converter. Very happy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just got mine broken in. Along with a converter from Dave (9.5" 2800 LU), the car is a whole different animal. Couldn't be more pleased. Thanks Dave!

Just got mine broken in. Along with a converter from Dave (9.5" 2800 LU), the car is a whole different animal. Couldn't be more pleased. Thanks Dave!
I have both a rebuilt motor and transmission. My car is a beast now. Turbo spools instantly. Good stuff.

Last edited:
I believe prices on Dave's website is bit outdated, best to call him.

Very nice guy, getting my transmission built by him this winter

I figured that but what does that mean for a 3021 vs 3021HF?? Can you still get both?? Whats the efficiency difference?? Is there a time NOT to use an HF designation??

My apologies. I will thought you were asking what the acronym meant. You would have to call David on that.
He recommended the 3021HF set up with .085" end play for me. He said it would stall at 2800- 3200, depending on hp level. I've been working on other things and haven't tried it yet.