Day at the Track

Epitome

Staff member
Well, my stage 2 motor is finally finished and will go in over the winter, so I thought I'd go the Etown and run my current combo a little. What a great day. I ran 21lbs of boost and 26* timing the whole day and the air was great. I raced 2 LS1 Trans Ams in my first 2 races and then a modified C5 LS1 Vette and hammered them all. First matchup he ran 13 something to my 10.99@124mph with a 1.77 60 foot spinning badly for a second at first. Second matchup he ran 12.6 to my 10.80@123.9 mph. Then the Vette (lots of decals) ran 11.66@116.71 to my 10.76@124.4mph. Not bad for a bone stock short block :) No problems and good air...I had a great day :)

godd job. where in nyc are you located, also what mods you have.I think you and my friend would have a nail bitting race,I have no doubt your times would be similiar to his. almost every mod except cage,wbars and,chute.anyway keep up the ass whooping on all mudstains, europain and, jap crap.

I am completely convinced that had I raised the boost to 25lbs (where it was when I ran 10.57@127 2 years ago) I would have run the best time the car had ever run. Conditions were perfect and I've figured out that my combo runs better with these 28.5" tall slicks over the 28" tall slicks it had on it 2 years ago. I figured, "what's the point?", going 10.40s is no huge accomplishment and the bone stock short block was already being pushed hard enough with 21lbs of boost running in the 10.70s. Why hurt it?