Day your GN was made

Stupid Question

I thought all this was based from the VIN #?? Hope that doesnt make anyone fall out of their chair laughing.

ok who has the holy grail of buick books info that will tell us what number our GN is out of 30k :eek: im sure someone does but they may not bother posting ... i just would like to know because I know what number alot of my other cars / suv's are.

My GN has 5 14 87 on frame above the differential, 5 14 87 on the drivers door sticker, 5 14 on the build sheet that I found in the drivers door and it is also on the ignition module passenger side 5 14 87

I haven't looked under the car, but it is undercoated (originally from Rochester NY area).
Build sheet says 9/11/1987... that was back when 9/11 was just another day.
The PO gave me some info about the "extended model run" of the GNs... shows that some [former] options were not available, others were mandatory.

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone find out how to tell what the build day of your car was? My stamp on the frame says 11/24/87 but my sticker says 12/87. I do know it was one of the last GN's built, just not sure which day. I assume the stamp is for the frame and not the actual final assembly otherwise mine would not say 12/87. I believe the last day the GN rolled off the line was 12/11/87 but don't quote me.

My 87 T vin ends in HP428786 and upper corner of cowl tag has H 01 E. So that would mean 87 jan week 5 correct?
The door stickers are too faded out to read any ink and alittle scuffed up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
I've been under the car five times I don't see these numbers, on the door it says 11/87. On one occasion while laying under there my neighbor came by to ask me what I was doing, she gave me a free up-skirt while doing so but she is a big flirt she knew she was doing it, the wife doesn't really like her. Damn it, now I have to find these numbers since everyone says they are there.

They are a bit hard to see, the stamp numbers are about 3/8 tall if that. But they are right were everyone is saying they are. I rubbed my finger across them to make them stand out more. At first I could not really read them. I wouldlove to find out the exact day it was assembled though. Good luck in your search !!