Dead Battery

Mike Mags

I just check my car tonight, Battery is completely dead.(It's been real cold around here lately) I havn't driven it in a month and was getting ready to put on a trickle charger and put it away for winter.
If the battery is completely dead can i recharge it? Or is the battery now no good?

I tried to jump it, but that didn't work. The battery is a AC Delco, about 1 year old.
Thanks guys!

You can recharge it, just disconnect the cables to the car first. If it is only a year old and it is completely dead, take it back, they should give you a new one. :)
Tarey D.

Recharge it slowwwly and completely, trickle charge it at 2 amps or less if you can. Since it is a maintainence-free battery, it is vulnerable to failure from fast charging, especially when dead. Your Delco should be fine after that and the best-looking brick under the hood of any! IMO :)

HTH, Jim

Can I trickle charge the battery if it's dead. I thought you needed at least a few volts for the trickle to work. Or do I need a Full battery charger?

Just picked a battery charger. Has a low 2amp trickle setting. I'll try that first and try to revive her. I assume it will probably take 8-12 hours to fully charge. It has a 15 amp setting for faster charging, but I'll take your advice and charge her slow!

Thanks for the info!