Dealing with Body shops

LimitedT

After a slight accident I brought my car to the body shop to see if the frame was tweaked. I figured I had the whole nose off and now would be the time to check it. For three hundred dollars which I thought was high but it was only down the street and I could drive the car there and not have to pay for towing. Got the run around on when the car would be ready and a couple of days promise turned into a two week fiasco.
Finally got the car back yesterday and proceeded to work on it today. Well where they chained down the frame they completely collapsed my fuel return lines.:confused: How in the hell they didn’t see them is beyond me. Any way I wont be able to talk to anyone till Monday. What I was wondering is what do you guys think they should be liable for. I know they aren’t going to replace the whole line but I’m really not happy with having a splice in the lines. More than likely I will probably run some braided line the whole way. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks

that complete BS. i had the same problem with a body shop i took my DD to and let me tell you till this day im still pissed off and there quality and customer serive sucks. anyways good luck and it probley wont get you anywhere by talking to them but we will see. let me tell you one of my best friends is a owner of a body shop so i no longer have this problem. my DD is still ****ed up but i cant do anything about it.

There are alot of hack shops out there. I am a bodyman/ painter, and have seen alot of bad bodymen. Before picking a bodyshop, you should ask around. Shops like that give the whole industry a bad name. Alot of techs have no pride in other peoples' vehicles, and just want the paycheck. You just have to think if you would want your own car fixed that way. I hope all ends well. They should be liable for the lines.

Did you pay by credit card? Sure hope so, but you probably paid in cash.
Try to talk to the owner and explain your case camly to him.
Hope he will offer to pay something for the damage and use that money toward your new s/s lines.

If you did pay by CC, then you can dispute the charge and use the cost of the new original line(s) to justify your case.

Gary