Demon 9.65@140 840hp/770tq !!!

Yes, it is an awesome car, no doubt about it. But, comparing a brand new demon with all of it's latest gen technology to a 30 year old 6cyl with 80's technology is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes, they are both "muscle cars" , but what some have done with their TB's is truly remarkable. In my opinion, you just can't compare the two.

I don't think Dodge was targeting the Grand National in terms of comparison, no doubt they had their eyes set on the new Camaro and Exotics. Will give credit where credit is due, that is an awesome machine. Getting the air conditioning system to cool off the intake charge is something we were contemplating for a very long time, it's about time someone capitalized on it. You know that thing has may more than a 9.65 in it from the factory, that is for damn sure, and it's no wonder why it is banned. Freaking awesome.

We are not even on the radar for them. Its the ZL1, GT350R, etc they are aiming for. What is pricing on it?

With limited production of 3,000 cars this fall, it's going to be an up charge from hell at the dealerships. I would guess $100,000+.

Now why can't Buick hire a guy like that?

Ask current CEO of GM Mary Barra. General Motors is too busy being politically correct...

By the way, Hillary Clinton considered Barra as her VP pick. There's your answer, loony liberals lol... ;)

It's just nice seeing a guy with a plan and executing it. Especially a plan like that.

Why did NHRA ban it?? No bar for a sub 10 sec. car ? Or other safety features missing.

We are not even on the radar for them. Its the ZL1, GT350R, etc they are aiming for. What is pricing on it?

So what.. Makes it even more fun to wear his ass out, and he not even know what it was..."Damn, that Monte was FAST!"

Ask current CEO of GM Mary Barra. General Motors is too busy being politically correct...l... ;)

Does the Demon come with the optional Cosmetic bag that drops down from the sun visor? No wait.... I'm sorry that is for Camaros. :LOL:

I don't think Dodge was targeting the Grand National in terms of comparison, no doubt they had their eyes set on the new Camaro and Exotics. Will give credit where credit is due, that is an awesome machine. Getting the air conditioning system to cool off the intake charge is something we were contemplating for a very long time, it's about time someone capitalized on it. You know that thing has may more than a 9.65 in it from the factory, that is for damn sure, and it's no wonder why it is banned. Freaking awesome.

There used to be a kit for a buick to do that in the 90's

I wonder what they do with the condensate water from the AC ? I know everyone of my vehicles leave a nice puddle with it running .

We aren't on the radar because in terms of "new" muscle cars, we're old news. An old warhorse that's been put out to pasture, so to speak.
Of course there are a few of us out there that can still give them a run (sadly, I think they'd eat my lunch- at least for now...) but, that's why I think that it's high time that BUICK got of their collective arses and put the GN back in the ring. I think it could be a marketing coup if done right.

Yes, the champ's been retired for a while but with new tech, BUICK can come back swinging and reclaim the title the other brands think that they took. Realistically, 1) How many people will actually drive these cars on the street? 2) How many would be foolish enough to unleash all 840 horses on the street?

My only plea is that they don't F it up and build some ugly-ass mess like they did with the GTO (Had me all excited till I saw it. I don't care how much hp you have if the car is fugly)

Yes , without a doubt, the new Demon is a badass car and badass fast. But remember, it was developed by a team of professional engineers on a megabuck budget sponsored by one of the "Big Three". Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there a few in our TB community that can also run 9's in the 1/4? And this was accomplished by folks with real jobs and real lives using relatively "old" technology. Definitely something to be proud of as it is no small feat, in my opinion. AND, for some to be able to make your old warhorse carve a corner at 1 g or better is also a feat in itself. THAT is the kind of engineering , and let's face it, the ever apparent intelligence possessed by their owners, that leaves this writer in awe. I think you could call it "True Hot-Rodding" in every sense of the word.
Please don't get me wrong. I *do*'like factory hot rods. I just happen to like the older ones like the mopar factory hemi "lightweights" , the old Ford Thunderbolts , the mopar " winged" cars and the Yenko's. Evidently, some others do as well. Once at a cruise in, I was sandwiched between an *original* Thunderbolt and a hemi Dart. My old girl did really well as she definitely received her share of attention that day.
Now would I go out and buy a new demon? Probably not. It's too danged expensive for one. I'd instead use the money for a new flawless paint job, and maybe a complete GNX rear suspension, and hellfire, maybe a new complete G-body tubular frame and for sure another airplane.
Why, that's easy. Because "I'd really rather have a Buick".