Desperate Cop

bigcap

I have bitten by the GN fever and am a police officer here in NJ for the state on the gang unit. Well the state has settled our contract and I'm getting almost 10G which is will be deposited in my account July 2nd. I've seen lots of cars I like here in the north east and no one wants to wait until late June early July to cash a check or take a personal check. This will be my first cold air GN I'v had to hot airs. This is like a nasty virus once you fall in love with these cars. I found a very nice gentleman who was going to sell me a WE4 and I was going to give him 2 checks one for a few thousand he could cash in June and the rest July 2nd. Of course I was going to give him every ID i had from my police ID, drivers license, badge etc.
So if you know anyone who is selling a T-Type or Gn in the North East I'll jog to the car if I have to. I know I'll probably have to wait until my big retro check shows up but playing solitaire to pass the time doesn't cut it.
What really sux is the guy I was going to buy the car from found out there was a lean on it and I had already bought injectors, fuel pump, chip, CAI and headers on my Summit Card.
Oh well thanks for listening to my rant and pray for us guys out there on the streets and in the prisons keeping the streets safe.

Anyone know anyone selling a car soon they can contact me at
609-694-7699
Rich

I have bitten by the GN fever and am a police officer here in NJ for the state on the gang unit. Well the state has settled our contract and I'm getting almost 10G which is will be deposited in my account July 2nd. I've seen lots of cars I like here in the north east and no one wants to wait until late June early July to cash a check or take a personal check. This will be my first cold air GN I'v had to hot airs. This is like a nasty virus once you fall in love with these cars. I found a very nice gentleman who was going to sell me a WE4 and I was going to give him 2 checks one for a few thousand he could cash in June and the rest July 2nd. Of course I was going to give him every ID i had from my police ID, drivers license, badge etc.
So if you know anyone who is selling a T-Type or Gn in the North East I'll jog to the car if I have to. I know I'll probably have to wait until my big retro check shows up but playing solitaire to pass the time doesn't cut it.
What really sux is the guy I was going to buy the car from found out there was a lean on it and I had already bought injectors, fuel pump, chip, CAI and headers on my Summit Card.
Oh well thanks for listening to my rant and pray for us guys out there on the streets and in the prisons keeping the streets safe.

Anyone know anyone selling a car soon they can contact me at
609-694-7699
Rich

So whats base pay now? $95k? Connecticut should adopt Jersey's pay scale...:rolleyes: So how much u looken to spend? $10k is a good start. You bought headers from who?

Base pay including salary is around 93,000.00

I've looked at T-Types that were in very nice condition and Gn's for 10. I'd settle for anything at this point. I could buy so many of these cars that are for sale if we still trusted eachother with checks. But I know as dealing with fraud that it is the smartest thing to deal with cash. Even Cashier's checks can be compromised.

I bought most of my stuff from G-Body or Summ#t.

So whats base pay now? $95k? Connecticut should adopt Jersey's pay scale...:rolleyes: So how much u looken to spend? $10k is a good start. You bought headers from who?

I thought with the cost of living that Conn.'s officers would make a decent buck. Corrections pays 83 (we consider our CO's to be the same as street cops down here) and state pol. at 93. Not bad for state employees. We were only w/o a contract for almost 3 years. No clothing allowance, no cost of living, no NOTHING. I thought about taking out a personal loan just I could cure my itch and then I thought HELL NO the state owes me why should I pay interest. I can be a big boy and wait. (or at least I tell myself that :)

I even offered one guy to hold my driver's license until the check cleared. Funny huh? Maybe I should go on that show Intervention on A & E.

Take your time. The last thing you want is a $10,000 headache. While you are waiting hit the OT hard and then when the right car comes along you can throw a bunch of goodies on it with the extra money :D .
Take it easy & good luck
Gary

Well I'm pretty well versed on the Hot Air's it's the Cold Air that is new to me. I just want to see an 11 sec. time slip.

I thought with the cost of living that Conn.'s officers would make a decent buck. Corrections pays 83 (we consider our CO's to be the same as street cops down here) and state pol. at 93. Not bad for state employees. We were only w/o a contract for almost 3 years. No clothing allowance, no cost of living, no NOTHING. I thought about taking out a personal loan just I could cure my itch and then I thought HELL NO the state owes me why should I pay interest. I can be a big boy and wait. (or at least I tell myself that :)

I even offered one guy to hold my driver's license until the check cleared. Funny huh? Maybe I should go on that show Intervention on A & E.

Connecticut is better then some states but not up with Jersey for sure. Corrections get crapped on here.

Corrections goes through almost a 20 week academy and had the exact arresting powers as any state trooper. Better to have more cops on the street then less.

Base pay including salary is around 93,000.00

I've looked at T-Types that were in very nice condition and Gn's for 10. I'd settle for anything at this point. I could buy so many of these cars that are for sale if we still trusted eachother with checks. But I know as dealing with fraud that it is the smartest thing to deal with cash. Even Cashier's checks can be compromised.

I bought most of my stuff from G-Body or Summ#t.

I though you guys made $150,000-200,000 they do in Boston

I though you guys made $150,000-200,000 they do in Boston

Ur referring to the Mass state troopers that made absurd amounts of overtime pay not salary pay alone. Base pay is around $90k I belive for a mass Trooper. It takes quite a few years to get there but that is still a lotta coin.

Stamford police department had over 40 guys last year make over $140k. Some PD's just have unlimited OT as long as they have a tax base to support it. Unlike the city I work for:rolleyes:

Ur referring to the Mass state troopers that made absurd amounts of overtime pay not salary pay alone. Base pay is around $90k I belive for a mass Trooper. It takes quite a few years to get there but that is still a lotta coin.

Stamford police department had over 40 guys last year make over $140k. Some PD's just have unlimited OT as long as they have a tax base to support it. Unlike the city I work for:rolleyes:

I meant Boston cops but this hackorama goes statewide and the staties could be getting more. They have local cops doing police details and I still have not seen any flag man. But I have seen Boston, Malden, and Somerville cops doing police details in Revere. Lets not forget the Peobody, Ma Police getting holiday pay on 9/11. the hackorama continues :eek:

My brother is a Baltimore County PD cop and he is currently in the army. He would love the pay$$$$. He views this as corruption and communism.

I meant Boston cops but this hackorama goes statewide and the staties could be getting more. They have local cops doing police details and I still have not seen any flag man. But I have seen Boston, Malden, and Somerville cops doing police details in Revere. Lets not forget the Peobody, Ma Police getting holiday pay on 9/11. the hackorama continues :eek:

My brother is a Baltimore County PD cop and he is currently in the army. He would love the pay$$$$. He views this as corruption and communism.

Most (Not all) cities/towns in this part of the country have ordinances preventing flagmen and requiring police to direct traffic which is the way it should be imo. Wasn't aware Boston cops were making that kinda money but then again....tax base!

If u see other cops working in other towns that is done when the road jobs cant be filled. Small towns up here do it all the time.

Btw, Baltimore PD is one dreaded place to work. Their internal affairs div. is made up of cowards always trying to set their cops up:rolleyes:. Moral there is pathetic. My buddy worked there for 8 yrs. in narcotics but retired after being shot twice. One in the chest and one in the leg. He was wearing his vest.

That's scary!

Why? IMO CO's have the toughest job in law enforcement and walk the toughest beat. At least when I pull someone over I have my weapon and most likely I'm dealing with Joe Schmoe taxpayer who is fine. Nothing worse then dealing with guys that are murderers rapist etc. all day every day. CO"s deserve the utmost respect which the public fails to realize. They are not GUARDS they are law enforcement officers who go through the same police academies as regular police and certainly deserve the absolute SAME respect you would give your township PD if not more. Remember these guys keep the GUYS you really do NOT want on the streets away from you and your children. They are so under appreciated it's a sin.

Most (Not all) cities/towns in this part of the country have ordinances preventing flagmen and requiring police to direct traffic which is the way it should be imo. Wasn't aware Boston cops were making that kinda money but then again....tax base!

If u see other cops working in other towns that is done when the road jobs cant be filled. Small towns up here do it all the time.

Btw, Baltimore PD is one dreaded place to work. Their internal affairs div. is made up of cowards always trying to set their cops up:rolleyes:. Moral there is pathetic. My buddy worked there for 8 yrs. in narcotics but retired after being shot twice. One in the chest and one in the leg. He was wearing his vest.

the Boston PD have 10x more luxuries than Baltimore PD cops do they should appreciate what they already have.
There are corrupt cops on both sides of the isle. My town had to layoff 9 cops and they have cops from other to take there place, disgraceful. the police details were there should be flag men is one of the many reason we are going broke. I respect cops but when there they are as bad as the corrupt politicians they dont deserve to wear a badge.

there was a instance back in 2007 where two drunk cops started a gun fight between some gangmembers at the high school. the gang members shot the cop and Officer Daniel Talbot died from his wounds and his partner fled the scene when the patrol cars arrived he asked the patrol man to take him home. the cowardly cop who let his partner die, got fired by the mayor and the police chief would not fire him. all parties involved are at fault. Officer Daniel Talbot did not desreve to die.

Arrest in the shooting of the Revere cop - The Noise Boston

my town is a disgrace but taxachusetts is too

They are not GUARDS they are law enforcement officers who go through the same police academies as regular police.

Lol.... Really. You sure about that? Maybe in a select few states but not anywhere in New England that I can assure you. Corrections here is the states largest employer here in Connecticut and make up biggest bounch of darelicks I have ever seen.

Not to mention, do you think the prison system has a drug problem?:rolleyes: How do you think the drugs get in there?:confused: Make no mistake, they are GUARDS not Police Officers by any stretch of anyones imagination.

Oh, and corrections here goes thru a 12 week watered down academy with NO polygraph and a pathetic background investigation which is why many of them end up in the same prisons they worked in....:rolleyes: Police officers go thru a 6 month academy so I not sure where ur getten ur info from but ur not even close.

the Boston PD have 10x more luxuries than Baltimore PD cops do they should appreciate what they already have.
There are corrupt cops on both sides of the isle. My town had to layoff 9 cops and they have cops from other to take there place, disgraceful. the police details were there should be flag men is one of the many reason we are going broke. I respect cops but when there they are as bad as the corrupt politicians they dont deserve to wear a badge.

there was a instance back in 2007 where two drunk cops started a gun fight between some gangmembers at the high school. the gang members shot the cop and Officer Daniel Talbot died from his wounds and his partner fled the scene when the patrol cars arrived he asked the patrol man to take him home. the cowardly cop who let his partner die, got fired by the mayor and the police chief would not fire him. all parties involved are at fault. Officer Daniel Talbot did not desreve to die.

Arrest in the shooting of the Revere cop - The Noise Boston

my town is a disgrace but taxachusetts is too

There are ur 10% ers... in every profession.

The problem with flag men is people hardly slow down for cops and would likely run construction workers over with flagmen vs. cops.

I agree Boston and Baltimore are apples and oranges but Baltimore is black and poor and Boston is white and wealthy. Those are the facts.

There are ur 10% ers... in every profession.

The problem with flag men is people hardly slow down for cops and would likely run construction workers over with flagmen vs. cops.

I agree Boston and Baltimore are apples and oranges but Baltimore is black and poor and Boston is white and wealthy. Those are the facts.

i agree stupid is unescapable

my brother says that are about the same

My nephew is a Boston cop. He'd laugh at that last statement. All the places he deals with are pretty much poor and black. The stories he tells are hilarious and sad on how stupid some of the people he deals with are. He does make a bunch of money on OT details though. I kind of have to agree with you Brett on the drivers and flagmen (and women). If there's a cop there, even if he's just sipping coffee, drivers are much more likely to slow down and follow driving directions.