Did I hurt anything..Engine ran hot

thbjcb

I am always checking out my gauges while driving to see how things are going. I look as I am sitting in traffic my temp gauge about 220 - 225. Luckily the the light turn green and I continued driving and cooled back down to 200, still running to warm. I get to my destinaition and the radiator fan burnt up. On a very tight budget anyone have one they would like to sell me, stock is fine

Any boneyards locally? Fieros use a very similar fan - you should be able to rig almost any fan up.

I doubt you hurt anything for that short period of time.

Post a thread looking for a fan in the WANTED section in the Marketplace section.

Thats nothing

These cars came out of the factory running 220 + so should be no big deal . Just a little slugish when its hot . Dont go wot and you should be good. Im still using a stock fan set up and 160 thermo and sometimes when its hot out or im racing her hard she gets hot . Just be aware and go easy on her ..

These cars came out of the factory running 220 + ........

My T-Type and GN's never reached over 205 deg. here in the desert when new in 100+ deg heat with AC working? All the ORIGINAL GN's I have worked on have had 180 deg. t'stats from the factory.

But to respond to the original post, many local GN's have seen 220 deg. with no issues. :)

Sounds like i did n't hurt anything which is a relief. I have some junk yards around my area so I will check around. If I don't find anything I post in the parts wanted adds. Thanks for the help!!!!!!