Different nozzles for meth

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
I've seen it mentioned in other forums, but has anyone here ran razor's kit or other with a different nozzle? I believe I heard mention of some nozzle that sprays a finer pattern than the regular M15 I use, single nozzle. Any experience or ideas? I didn't find much searching.

Much appreciated.

You can make a triple nozzle deal and use 3 5gph nozzles. Or twin m10+m5.. It wont matter. Alcohol will flash rite in. Your motor wont tell the difference.

The problem with nozzles is when you use water. Thats when the very small nozzles are used.

I was more looking for a different style of nozzle rather than size. Perhaps one that would mist the alky at a lower temperature?

I was more looking for a different style of nozzle rather than size. Perhaps one that would mist the alky at a lower temperature?
To do that you would need to lower the temperature of the alcohol before it was misted. But this would technically be counter productive as you want the alcohol to flash. Thats what pulls the heat out of the charge.

A nozzle by design is just a hole with a diffuser. One of the simplest devices.

Pressure is what helps atomize the liquid. Alcohol flashes at 70df. So if you mist it into a pipe under pressure.. the air going past the nozzle is at least 70 df.. you have the phase change and whalla.. thats how it all works.

Not to hijack but if you would it be better to run two smaller nozzles at a higher pressure instead of one at a lower pressure to aid in atomization?

Not to hijack but if you would it be better to run two smaller nozzles at a higher pressure instead of one at a lower pressure to aid in atomization?
Yes if we where talking low pressures being used. But nozzles of these type are fully atomized at 50-60 PSI. So if your running your single nozzle at 100 PSI... or run two nozzles that yield the same GPH at 100 PSI.. or run two smaller nozzles at 150 PSI.. all three conditions would still = fully atomized.

Neat test.. datalog runs.. then maybe try adding a nozzle pre-IC. Like on the small coupler.

Julio

Going really small on nozzles is said to cause more stress on the pump, but m3 and above shouldn't cause the pump problems.

Going really small on nozzles is said to cause more stress on the pump, but m3 and above shouldn't cause the pump problems.

That depends on the pump. Most of the larger pumps will not be happy with such a small nozzle. I'd expect to see upwards of 350 PSI on a nozzle this small at full voltage.