Direct Replacement Mufflers

Audie1

Hooah!
Hey Guys,
My friend owns GNX 393. He is wanting to replace the mufflers. He bought some that I looked at, straight in straight out. Around 2.5" in and out. Only problem is that the immediately narrow down from 2.5" to about 1.25". It's this way on both ends. Obviously you don't want to narrow down the exhaust and give up a bunch of HP.................That being said, what are you guys using as a replacement for the original mufflers?............Thanks

Mufflers

Mr. Richard Clark is now making exact replacement exhaust systems for the gnx in stainless steel.
If interested, e-mail me and I'll hook you up.

bob aka stgman

RSTAN50@AOL.COM

Mr. Richard Clark is now making exact replacement exhaust systems for the gnx in stainless steel.
If interested, e-mail me and I'll hook you up.

bob aka stgman

RSTAN50@AOL.COM

I'll relay this message...........thanks for the info. What muffler was you using before Richard Clark made this stainless one? My friend (he is computer challenged) got some mufflers from somewhere that were supposed to be direct replacement. I looked at them, the inlet and outlets are the correct size, they bottle neck down to 1.25" at each end within 3 inches. I told him that there is no way that it should do that. That would be like running dual 1.25" exhaust pipes after the downpipe.................thanks for the info......ps I own an 87 GN. :)

I'm using .....

a pair of magnaflows, polished stainless steel, look real good, sound good, not to loud, no droning inside,
heres some lousy pics,

Attachments

• 100_0572.jpg
    100_0572.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_0567.jpg
    100_0567.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 239
magnaflow site ..

says PN 16884 for cat back system for GNX, no price listed.
all stainless steel, pipes and mufflers.

hope that helps

says PN 16884 for cat back system for GNX, no price listed.
all stainless steel, pipes and mufflers.

hope that helps

Thanks for the info...........I'll pass it on. I went to that site but it does not give much info. It shows the GNX and GN as having the same part numbers? Are they the same? I have a GN and replaced the stock system years ago.

I'm not sure.

only obvious difference is the GNX suspension,

you could ask the "know it alls " from Iowa, I'm sure they have a response.
( that was humor, but they can't figure that out) :tongue: