Direct scan cable

ALblackT

Found a direct scan module and disc in my car I bought. Wanted to try it out. The only thing I don't have is the cable between the pc and the direct scan. Could someone get a link for the correct cable from New egg? I searched parallel cable and it brings up over 140 different cables:confused: I sure would appreciate it

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That particular DS cable is unique to direct scan. A regular parallel printer cable will not work.

So there's no where I can find this cable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

True, unless you can find someone that has a DS that they're no longer using, and on top of that, you'll need to find a laptop that actually has a parallel printer port. (Good luck with that!!)

Already have the laptop. Only missing the cable. Boo. I was only going to be out the cost of the cable

Did you checked that the cable isn't attached to the ecm and tucked under the dash somewhere. Simple question but some one had to ask it

David

I know it isn't attached to the ecm. But that's not a bad idea looking under the dash

Did you checked that the cable isn't attached to the ecm and tucked under the dash somewhere. Simple question but some one had to ask it

David

The cable he's looking for is a parallel cable and doesn't attach to the ECM. It attaches to the DS interface box, and a ribbon cable attaches from the interface box to the ECM.

The cable he's looking for is a parallel cable and doesn't attach to the ECM. It attaches to the DS interface box, and a ribbon cable attaches from the interface box to the ECM.
And that...

I have an 02 model. It will run the program, and it has a serial port. I ordered a cable, but if course ordered the wrong one. I got a male/male cable. The adapter should be here tomorrow

Direct Scan does NOT run in/on a serial cable. It uses the computer's parallel printer port!! I know of no computers beyond Win 98 vintage that have such ports..

Maybe I called it by the wrong name. The cord I have fits the pc, and would fit the direct scan, if it were female, and not male. Hence the adapter

Nah, I have that. And the cable I needed, I also have. I hope. Just needed an adapter because I ordered the wrong cable

And the fucktards sent me the wrong adapter, and want 12 more bucks for the correct one.... I give. Any value for a direct scan without the cable?