Do you know Jack?

1 RARE T

Last year, yes last year, I bought a 3200 stall converter from Cottons', and installed it. Waited a while to get to the track to see if it was the ticket to get me into the 11's. Did'nt have much luck. Bested three 12.1's in a row. Same as always but the mph dropped off. Determined that the converter was just too loose.

Had talked to Jack and spent ALOT of his time to try and solve the issues. His suggestion was to keep the converter over the winter and try again in the spring. I thought o.k., will he remember me and what we agreed on after the snow melts?

Anyways, tried again months later. Same results. Called Cottons' and Jack told me to send it back. No penaltys , restocking ect.. He was sorry it did'nt work out for me.

I got a stock location intercooler from him and R.J.C. boost controller and on alky went 11.8 @ 114.5 this summer.

Moral of my story, Trust him and appreciate how he will go the extra mile for you. I know I do.

He is truly a vendor who gives a $hit about his customers.

Mike

thats great to see someone stand behind what they sell 100%!!hey what converter did you end up with ?

Ended up putting the stock one back in. Car mph's well with it runs pretty quick so I say why mess with it?

I see signtures with loose converters and I'll bet alot of these guys would go faster with a stocker. Worked for me at least. :)

What turbo are you using. I have always heard that stock turbos are best with the stock converter and upgraded turbos are better with a matching converter. I never ran my car with the stock setup, or the current for that matter but have read alot about higher stall converter allow boost faster.

Ta-49.

Not much bigger than stock. The higher stall converter spooled the same as the stocker for me but killed my top-end by 4 + mph.

For the street, a higher stall converter was good for burning the tires but not good for the track. My 60' times were the same. No advantage for my mods.

If your stocker works good, keep it.

Just my humble opinion. Mike :cool: