Dodged a bullet.....Always push the test button ...thats what it's there for.

The GT30R is kind of a freak turbo. A friend of mine with an ITR made 525 WHP at 22 psi of boost, with a straight up GT30R and a .82 A/R exhaust housing.

The G4CS has the passages for oil squirters, but you need to drill them out to use oil squirters. We don't feel they're necisary, so we're not going to run them. I don't think they come with a block girdle stock.

I always prime my SMC kit right before I nail it...it helps eliminate any transitional knock that may occur...now I know, we now have a progressive kit out there but for now it's what I have! even with the progressive system I would still prime my system...it's almost like purging your nitrous lines of air...same thing essentially

Originally posted by forcefedhatch
The GT30R is kind of a freak turbo. A friend of mine with an ITR made 525 WHP at 22 psi of boost, with a straight up GT30R and a .82 A/R exhaust housing.
Those dang Hondas always break the rules :D

Ill bet on my Dodge Id be lucky to get within 75 hp of that with the same turbo :( I also dont run lots of timing either so that doesnt help. At 500 whp, the car is only getting 12 degrees total advance.

cant wait to see what that stock car will do with alky ? ive got a 255 pump and a reg so as soon as i save some money and get an safc and razors kit ill see if i can get some mid to low 13s?

I have been very interested in alky injection on a DSM (joined because I stumbled onto this thread) and I was curious if you had the nozzle mounted after the GM mass air sensor or not. It looks like your results with alky have been amazing and with so many people here being able to run so much boost safely on pump gas I want to give it a shot.

Also the Hyundai doesn't have oil squirters...I know alot of people are just dropping the 2.4l crank into the 4g63 to end up with a 2.3l.

Well... Welcome Scooter!

I think I understand what you're asking. I too was also worried about getting methanol in or on my GM MAF causing problems. ( In the past I've accidentally sucked rainwater thru the MAF and it ran so crappy..... I hoped the meth wouldn't do the same) So far it hasn't.... Something about the flow thru the pipes keeps it going into the engine and not backward and downhill to the MAF. (..Maybe the specific gravity of the meth is lighter than H2o???)
I dunno, but it works great! My alky turn on point is 2.5 psi. and with my stutterbox set @ 4500 RPM I build 18 psi boost on the line.....If I ever drop the clutch with sticky tires......I'll rip the undercarriage out! (gotta figure out what to do about that before race season hits.)

I know another fast DSM guy without the progressive system......(no names here) .....he has "5" 1.0 ERL nozzles and a gated system.......trying to stutterbox and WOT shift like what I am and he blows his intake pipes off every other time. .....maybe he's getting alky on his MAF? He's got cams and a FP red... So, it could be the combo ??? maybe I am just lucky.

By the way, my GM MAF is mounted in the straight section of intake coming up from the IC about 6" before the jets. Both my nozzels are mounted about one inch apart from each other on the back (firewall) side of my TB elbow a few inches from the throttle plate.

Once you try the methanol.. you'll too be hooked.

It's like "Crack Cocaine" for your car!

Mark

Thanks alot for the info I was thinking about mounting the nozzles between the pro-m air meter and the tb mainly due to the cost of the pro-m and my fears of breaking it (the cost is more than a GM setup but tuning is simple and effective).

One more question is what was your solution for mounting the alky tank? I was looking at the tread about the c5 running alky and he had an aluminum tank mounted in the battery box which looked sweet.

From what you’re saying this looks like I have a new spring project and a great way to put this little 16g to work until I get something bigger. My buddy was trying to sell me his fp3065 (maybe 200 miles on it before he popped the tranny) but that was just a little big for my tastes right now, though it looks like you are getting to the point that once "track only" turbos can go from street to strip with no adjustments.

Andy

Scooter,

I fear that methanol will corrode an aluminum cell. Better to use a plastic one. Right now I am using my stock washer bottle modified with a 1/2" bulkhead outlet for pump supply. Trouble is.... it only holds a little over 2 quarts. I run it dry in about 20 min. of fun. I'm currently putting a 5 gallon RCI plastic cell in back. I hope I can pass tech..... to be sure, I'll make one of those hatchback covers that opens with the hatch. (They never ususally look back there.)

The FP 3065 is cool. You may want to think more about it. (would he sell it to me? ):D

I would have got a FP 3065...but,... I thought it would be too laggy.

Alky has changed my perception on that therory, just a bit.

Mark

Originally posted by scooter

One more question is what was your solution for mounting the alky tank? I was looking at the tread about the c5 running alky and he had an aluminum tank mounted in the battery box which looked sweet.

Andy

If it was the one ECS made, its stainless. ;)

one of these days ill start modding the output on my daily driver
90 plymoth laser RS 5spd
already improved tires AR estrellas 17-6.5s w 245-45 17 /brakes- turbo sotted drilled /shocks -AGX adjustables .

entire 90 turbo setup has been sitting in a trunk for about three years now .

all this talk about DSMs and razors alky maybe ill finnally pick up a block and move on it.

Thanks Razor I was just skimming through that one at work and must have missed that it was stainless.

The 3065 is sweet I just don't think my motor would last if I tried using the power band of this turbo it likes to breath a lot higher than I want to rev a basically stock motor. Plus he is selling everything so it is more or less a bolt on affair nice manifold, tial wastegate, and a few other goodies so the price is a little high.

Pacecarta - why pick up a turbo block??? Just dump in a ton of alky and take advantage of the higher compression rate...my 93 laser rs with 176k on it (just broken in) might end up with a junkyard turbo kit after I find a new daily driver. I’m not sure how long she would last with a turbo, but it would be a lot of fun on those 195/14s with cheep all seasons. If you are going to do this take a look at www.vfaq.com for the differences in the 90’s wiring harness because they tend have their little quirks but the turbo front wheel drives are a ton of fun and fast if they hook up :D

I finally got around to fixing my pump leak. I followed Julio's recipe for "bulletproofing the pump" ( wink-wink ) It is so nice NOT to have leaks! There is something to flowing more alky...... I changed nothing to my state of tune, just fixed the pump leak and upgrade. My SAFC records karmann counts ....( Basically it puts a number to the amount of air it sees coming in....I use it as crude quick-tuning-tool or rough power indicator......More air in = more power made ) It can be affected by air density of course, but my track expirience has proven the higher the count, the faster I go.

Anyhow, it was a normal temperature day, and I watched my karmann count peaks on a short test drive (all other tuning aspects the same) went up consistanty at least 500. I now peak just under 3000. This is a record! This is good! Car feels good! Life is good!

Can't wait to run some numbers at the track!

Mark

PS. Scooter, maybe you could personal message me price info. on that FP 3065 set up your buddy has for sale. I might be interested.
Thanks, Mark

(Ooops!) I forgot the most important part of what I wanted to say in the previous post .....

(......only the most critical information that links to the topic of this thread..... )

I have found that if you drain your system to work on it ,.... or if it runs out of methanol. It takes way longer than I would've figured to prime it again. I took note of how long I had to press the "test" button to get the lines full. Somewhere between 10-12 full seconds......it seems like eternity if you're waiting. It could potentially be really dangerous to the lively hood of your engine if you just filled up your methonal tank and forgot to "purge it". I'm sure the length of lines and or pump may differ car to car. Your results may vary. I find myself testing it quite often, simular to a nitrous purge before making a run. Just making sure it's all working.

Mark