Does anyone like the AMERICAN TOP GEAR SHOW?

does anyone like the American TOP GEAR tv show

• Yes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Gimmie the Brits version

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought the same thing before I watched him pass a bunch of racers on a road course and finish second right on the winner Jimmy Vasser's rear bumper.

Yeah, but who else was in that field? Vasser is damn near 50 years old.

LOL, how do you really feel about the guy?

You have to have some knowledge of driving before you can drift. The guy can drive/drift, but he doesn't have the personality to do Top Gear. The Tim Allen idea is a good one.

Maybe that was a little harsh..skip the IED idea.

I agree, you must have some clue how to control a car. I think he got a little excited on the skidpad at Road Atlanta and said to himself..."Hey...this could be a sport!" Vioala...drifting is now a widely covered sport. I think he stopped a little to early in his racing career, sidetracked and what not. He has great potential. Keep duct tape over his mouth...and KEEP HIM AWAY FROM DANICA PATRICK.

Honestly. I would rather watch PINKS & I hate the annoucer.
I see PINKS is taking a break.

Or what I rather watch is PAWN StARS.. the old man cracks me up love when he counts the $$.
Chum is out there. :D he is some space cadet.

They need to stop trying the same skits as the UK version. It's not the same. Don't try to make it the same.

Write a car show that's fun and plan your own stuff.

They should have called it something else. The original is so much better, something about British humor.:)

this version- and all of the other versions that are being made worldwide- are made by the BBC, with a lot of the same staff as the original Brit version.
it's really not fair to compare the US version to the Brit version as it is right now.. a better comparison would be to compare it to the first season of the Brit version. it pretty much sucked- there was a fat guy that told people how to buy a used car, and they didn't really do any of the cool gags and stunts that they do these days. it took a good 3-4 years for it to really start to gel.. sadly, the American audience won't allow a tv show to find it's own groove. it needs to be perfect right out of the gate or people get bored.

for what it's worth, every non car person i know that has seen the show has loved it...

Derriik, you put it succinctly. I downloaded all the Top Gear episodes a few months back, and the first few seasons literally put me to sleep. The point where it really turned around is the fifth episode of the third season. They try to destroy a Toyota Hilux and it just keeps going, and going. They put it on top of a building then demolish it. The let the tide roll in and drown it. They set it on fire. A few turns of a screwdriver, and it starts right up. Then when season 4 started, it was the Top Gear that it is now.

I think because the show is funded with public money, ratings and all that are of little importance so a show can run and have some time to work out the kinks. That also allows the hosts to rag on car manufactures relentlessly because there is no potential for lost revenue.

I have no venue for viewing the show here in OZ, but they started an Australian Top Gear here too. It's okay I guess. There are a little less uptight than the brits and their reasonably priced car is a 10 year old Holden Ute. It's funny watching celebrities trying to sling that thing around a track with no weight in the back.

Sorry for being long winded, I just really love Top Gear. ;)

They tend to over explain things... A LOT. Yes I'm aware of what AWD is, yes I'm aware of what drifting is. Let's keep this moving.

The Brit cast is a tough act to follow. Tanner Foust is a little too uninteresting; but seems like a hell of a driver (if you can get him to stop drifting everything). It was aggravating to watch him continually put that Evo sideways; slick surface or not.

The other two guys are trying too hard to be funny, and it sounds exceedingly rehearsed somehow.

I agree with whoever said that show needs to have some time to grow into its own; I'm sure the British Top Gear started out pretty un-interesting all those years ago.

Honestly, the humor is just boring. They try so hard to get a laugh out of you, and that is what really kills it for me. At least when Jeremy Clarkson says it, it doesn't sound rehearsed but more off the top of his head. For example "The Stig isn't a cop"? Really? No crap he isn't a cop. You have been working with him filming for a while. It just seems so fake is what I am getting at. Anyone else feel the same?

And secondly, I cannot find Top Gear UK version anywhere! It is no longer On-Demand :(.

Top Gear is on BBCAmerica, station #304 on Charter in Central MA. Watching it right now.