dogs and antifreeze, part 2

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
as many of you know my beloved lab mix got into some antifreeze back in October. Well here's the latest: After a dozen or so vet trips, IV fluids daily ever since, and special diets the vets have officially declared him "the miracle mutt". We stopped the fluids 2 weeks ago and his creatnin and b.u.n. levels continued to creep downwards. He's probably never going to be 100% again, but the boy is no longer considered "critical". 4 different vets have seen his records and his progress and all are going, "how can this be"??

Glad to hear your dog is doing better and on the road to recovery, lucky dog, I hope he fully recovers.

That is GREAT news!!

I know I am a freak about antifreeze around my dogs. Even on the dirt, when I get a little on the ground, I soak the whole area to thin it out.

I knew it was bad but had no idea that so little was SO fatal! This very story has changed the way I handle my antifreeze now.

Kevin, Glad to hear at least one of current issues has been resolved! That's one lucky dog :smile:

Glad to hear it. I've got two Goldens and they're in to everything in the garage. Your dog must have some good running kidneys.

Like I said earlier: either he didn't get as much as I had feared, we got him to treatmant just in time or divine intervention, I don't know; just relieved and happy I still have him, even if I do still have to yell at him to share the couch :)

You get to share the couch? Wow. I need to work on that. :)

Attachments

• 3 Amigos.jpg
    3 Amigos.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 154