dont want a broken transmission?

ulose2av6

put a 400 in it. case closed. i am sure all you aamco transmissions builders can build one.

put a 400 in it. case closed. i am sure all you aamco transmissions builders can build one.

Ive seen 400's fail in slow cars from operator error. With the parts listed in your sig a 200 4-R could easily be built to last for a very long time. A 400 will last indefinitely if built properly.

That’s what the guy that’s been building my trans tells me, through in a 350 or 400 and that will fix my problem, since he cant seem to be able to get mine to last longer than a few days and my car is basically stock.

All
Automatics
Must
Come
Out

Sorry, I couldn't resist...:biggrin:

I love my TH400 but I miss the overdrive...life goes on.

That’s what the guy that’s been building my trans tells me, through in a 350 or 400 and that will fix my problem, since he cant seem to be able to get mine to last longer than a few days and my car is basically stock.
Maybe you should be looking at a different builder. If he cant get a 200-4R to last in a nearly stock car i wouldnt trust him building anything.

I'm getting ready to try transmission build #3. I know others on here have been though a lot more, but it does get to a point that giving up OD isn't that big of a deal considering the money pile I've wasted. Then again, I don't really want to drive Power Tour etc.. with no OD.

obviouslly you guys don't have a good tranny man for 200's :rolleyes: absurd you can't get one to live in a stock car :rolleyes: Melissa's has 15k on it ..race an STREET DRIVEN ..9 sec street car :cool:

Just sold my 400 and have a 200 waiting to go back in. I cant wait to see the results. I will try the same boost and timing and compare it to my 400 times. No more shifting, 3000 rpm @ 65 mph and Welcome Back Overdrive! And hope your aware of the line pressure issue with the 400 or by-by crank thrust.

obviouslly you guys don't have a good tranny man for 200's :rolleyes: absurd you can't get one to live in a stock car :rolleyes: Melissa's has 15k on it ..race an STREET DRIVEN ..9 sec street car :cool:

So are you saying that its the builders fault and the the trans? ;) Found out years ago that I had a builder fault, not a power problem. I had a low 11 second car that would cause me to pull the trans out every 6 weeks till I figured out that it was the shop I was taking it to. Now my trans has been in for 6 years with alot of track time. Too many 128 mph passes to count. I think Chris (CK) is on top of his game.

Maybe you should be looking at a different builder. If he cant get a 200-4R to last in a nearly stock car i wouldnt trust him building anything.

Yea but it was still under warranty and he’s done great jobs on everything else we’ve taken to them but not going to waist my money on them any more, I’m looking into an extreme automatics trans or one from Brian Hoffer, I cant go another year without being able to drive my car.

His son in law Russ Merritt:D

hahahaha... poor Russ :p BUT he sure does a mean tranny :cool: back to the thread.. I did them for years.. stockers with a few mods.. only low/mid 11 cars.. It wasn't rocket science :p With todays technology out there I will say it again.. if ya can't make it live in a stocker wellll go to a 400 !!!!:p there I said it!! 400s rock in a DRIVEN street car.

I sold my 400 and went with a EXTREME automatics stage 3 unit. Should have the car back on the street in April. I'm very excited to see how this transmission performs. Lord knows I'll NEVER go with another 3 speed trans. But, that's just me...

Yea but it was still under warranty and he’s done great jobs on everything else we’ve taken to them but not going to waist my money on them any more, I’m looking into an extreme automatics trans or one from Brian Hoffer, I cant go another year without being able to drive my car.
A warranty doesnt prevent failure. Im sure a lot of builders could get educated reading the tech on this forum. In between all the BS that has been posted recently there is a lot of good info here.