Door Glass Hits Blowout Clip

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I replaced my driver's side upper door hinge, adjusted the door panel so it lines up perfect and the door closes great........with the window down. If the window is all the way up it hits the very edge of the blowout clip and will not close. Is this just a matter of tilting the window slighty inward?
Mike

I suggest you order the window adjustment book from Kibans. Thats what i did usually one adjustment leads to another.

I agree with what Turbofrank suggested. But yes, in the mean time you can tilt the window inward. The glass should obviously end up in the center of the weatherstripping channel, behind the blowout clip. Can help with the procedure if need be.
Howard

Fortunately I have that book, tilted inward and that fixed that part, now working on eliminating wind noise and a clunk sound when window is halfway down. I installed new GM wetherstrip all around a while back, adjusted all I could but just can't get there from here. I have had to pull it out from the sides and put 3M double sided foam tape (grey with red backing) behind the metal channel to push the wetherstrip inward so it will seal, just at the lower left and lower right corners up about 6-7in. No broken parts so just adjusting.

Fortunately I have that book, tilted inward and that fixed that part, now working on eliminating wind noise and a clunk sound when window is halfway down. I installed new GM wetherstrip all around a while back, adjusted all I could but just can't get there from here. I have had to pull it out from the sides and put 3M double sided foam tape (grey with red backing) behind the metal channel to push the wetherstrip inward so it will seal, just at the lower left and lower right corners up about 6-7in. No broken parts so just adjusting.
SOMETIMES YOU CAN PULL BACK THE W-STRIP AND MOVE THE RETAINING CHANNEL IN OR OUT(DRILLE NEW HOLES) IF IT IS WAY OFF. QUESTION IS, DID THE GLASS FIT PRIOR TO REPLACING THE HINGES? IF SO, SHOULD BE ABLE TO ADJUST THE GLASS. BTW, THE "CLUNK" MABY THE ROLLERS ON THE REGULATOR HAVE A FLAT SPOT...YOU CAN PURCHASE REPLACEMENTS IN THE HELP SECTION OF AUTOZONE OR OTHER PARTS STORES..

Thanks Bill, yesterday I examined the door alignment real close and it needed a couple tweaks, in and down, so I did that and it improved quite a bit (after 45 window adjustments). It passes the dollar bill test all around now and I tightened and adjusted everything the book said to and it helped. But when I grab the window when its halfway down and pull it up and down there is too much play, if the car goes over a good bump its gonna jump up and slam down. Do you think this is the rollers?
Mike

REAL GOOD POSSIBILITY .. THEY GET FLAT SPOT AND WILL JUMP OR HAVE A LOOSE AREA PART WAY DOWN, ALSO CHECK THE REGULATOR TEETH, I'VE SEEN THEM WORE IN ONE SPOT ALSO, BUT MOSTLY ON MAN WINDOWS VS POWER..

My dads monte ss had the same problem since it was new (while driving) on the passenger window....the driver would have to crack his window then the passenger window would roll up correctly it was weird.....If the driver window was up the passenger window would hit the bumpstop every time....