Door Hinges New?

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
Anyone here know by chance if GM or any aftermarket company makes new door hinges for our cars?

They made so many G body cars, I'd think they can still be purchased new. However, if you get sticker shocked, junkyard 4 dr G-bodies have the same hinges. The doors are much smaller and lighter and most times the hinges are perfect. Bottom hinges are the same so get both right sides (less usage) for both sides of your car. Uppers are the larger type with the spring and are either left or right.

I believe they still are available but I haven't ordered them from GM parts direct yet so I can't verify the numbers. Still can't swallow the cost of these things yet if they are even the right ones. The right hand # I have is 20569460 and the left is 20569461. I hope someone can back me up with these numbers. After shipping these puppies cost 73.19 a piece(ouccchhhhhhh!!!!!). On the four doors I've looked at those before in the bone yard and they had a different 4 digit number on them versus the regal/cutlass hinges that were shot. Are the hinges still the same? If so those things were mint as mentioned above and I'll be making a trip Sunday to hunt them down.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
They made so many G body cars, I'd think they can still be purchased new. However, if you get sticker shocked, junkyard 4 dr G-bodies have the same hinges. The doors are much smaller and lighter and most times the hinges are perfect. Bottom hinges are the same so get both right sides (less usage) for both sides of your car. Uppers are the larger type with the spring and are either left or right.

$73 EACH..:eek: ..FORGET ABOUT IT !!!! YES, LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT DOOR HINGES ARE THE SAME. I JUST GOT A SET OFF A 85 CUTLASS 4 DOOR AND PUT THEM ON AN 87 REGAL I'M WORKING ON. HEY, I HAVE ANOTHER SET OF FOUR. GOT $100?

When I bought them right at the local GM dealer they were in the neighborhood of $25.00 a piece only!,this was spring of 01'.

I think at Postons the uppers are about $60 and lowers about $45.All I got is a 2002 catalog so I don't know if the price went up in 2003. :confused:

ohhh yeahhhhh!!! i have the old catlogs with those prices too then i received the winter 2002 updated catalog and they now cost 93.84 a piece for uppers and 55.27 a piece for lowers. they must have improved them..hahahhahahahaha:) that's why i wanted to see what parts direct wanted and it was still outrageous. i'll freeze my booty off today in the junk yard and then make my decision. if they are good pieces i'm really not going to go wrong for $100.