Drag Racing The Family Car

ULYCYC

There is a special on "Drag racing the family car" on ABC World News Tonight 6:30 eastern time.

Hey, thanks for the heads up, that should make for some interesting watchin'. Time to set the ole Replay TV.
Anybody think there'll be any TRs out there?

Pretty funny that was no mention of Fast & Furious or imports, but instead feature a 30 or so year old woman that bracket races a 16 second Monte Carlo (that will probably make a bunch of Honda racers feel superior :rolleyes: )

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by Mease Performance
maybe we should contact ABC about doing another run of this......

I've got a 9 second grocery getter for em!

(here's some old pics:)

http://www.measeperformance.com/ttimp.html

...wife driving that every day....Acme and Superfresh need to start carrying bubble wrap at the checkout lanes...l

:D :eek: :cool: ;)

Keith, is that an LT1? That is one baddddd mother from the looks of it:eek:

brick:

Yeah its an LT-1 block, but just about everything else is changed, got rid of the POS optispark......should make a conservative 1000hp ;) @24psi

I'll have to get some more pics up, we're gonna fire it up this weekend, routing DFI as we speak...

Very cool car and 1000hp is always a nice thing to have:D

I don't see many turboed Impala SS's although I do remember seeing the single turbo one in Super Chevy mag that was built by White Racing (it ran 10.14 @134mph and still weighed around 4000lbs if my memory serves me correct)!

Those cars are really sleepers when you consider they are 4-door sedans and to see one running 10's or 9's is just plain sick!:cool: