Drive shaft loop

V8Killer

GM speed junkie
What are availible options for a driveshaft loop to fit a TTA.
What are you guys running? What brand & where to get?
Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by V8Killer
Wow that looks like a nice piece! Anybody running one of these?

I´m installing one during the winter. It´s a sweet pice. If You do a search You will find alot of people having trouble with the driveshaft hitting the loop. But it should been fixed from Spohn.

/Andreas

Why would it be a waste of money?

First of all, it´s adjustable so that You can adjust the pinion angle. That´s very handy when it come to racing.

Second, it got the driveshaftloop, which is a must for a dragracer.

Vibrations? I don´t care. If You want a car that You don´t even know it´s running, You´d probobly look into something else than a musclecar.

These are atleast my opinions.
/Andreas

Just take the stock torq arm and box it ...simple to bolt on a DS loop and be done with it ...KISS (keep it simple stupid ) .. but we have only gone low to mid 1.4 short times with it :rolleyes: We drive our cars way to much for vibrations :D now of course this is only my personal opinion :p

That´s a good time for sure. I just like the possibility to test and tune. Our "tracks" is way from what You guys are used to.

I had a Summit universal loop that was welded to form the loop and then bolted to the torque arm. Worked like a champ and never caused any problems. Cheap too ;)

Thanks for the input guys! I think I'm going to try what RobR suggested (since I really should have had one installed already......oops), that way in can save more $$ for a turbo.

Mine has the Lakewood loop on it. So I drilled some holes :eek: into my 29k mile car..

Nice fit tho. $39.00

HTH

BTW how many 1.4's can you get on a 9 bolt rear ;)

Originally posted by Razor
Mine has the Lakewood loop on it. So I drilled some holes :eek: into my 29k mile car..

Nice fit tho. $39.00

HTH

BTW how many 1.4's can you get on a 9 bolt rear ;)

a few :D then go to a 9" :p