Drive shaft loop

89IndyTA

Never enough time........
OK boys I have left it out to dry long enough, I must get one in before something goes wrong. I need a loop. Is there an easy to bolt on one out there? I once seen where a person here on the BB used the Universal from Jegs/Summit and drilled into the torque arm placed it on like that. Looked nice and clean too. Any other ideas out there?TIA

;)

Butch, if you want to use the stock torque arm, here's what I do. You can buy the Summit, Lakewood etc. universal loop
and weld the 2 circle halves together, then weld it as an assy. to your turque arm. If you want to step up to a serious upgrade, we have a adjustable torque arm kit that has a loop built in. Go to our On-line catalog and check out the F-Body Suspension catagory.

Originally posted by Johns Pearcy
Butch, if you want to use the stock torque arm, here's what I do. You can buy the Summit, Lakewood etc. universal loop
and weld the 2 circle halves together, then weld it as an assy. to your turque arm. If you want to step up to a serious upgrade, we have a adjustable torque arm kit that has a loop built in. Go to our On-line catalog and check out the F-Body Suspension catagory.
I have the Summit universal welded together and then bolted to the torque arm. It works but I'll eventually get an adjustable torque arm with an integrated loop in the future.

Thanks!

I think I might check out the F Body specific loop. An adjustable torque arm just isn't in the picture at this time. Still messing with the stock lowers to be welded along with several other stock components to be boxed up. Not saying the adj. T A isn't something that wouldn't pay for itself but just not now.................

loop

I am not quite sure what all you guys are talking about when you say welding the loop to the torque arm. I got my driveshaft loop for summit and told them it was for a 89 Ta. I Drag my car occasoinally. I run at a nationally sponsored NHRA track that is very strict about safety. The only loop that will pass tech at drags I run at is the bolt in kind. The one I got was 2 loop halves that bolted together and then you bolt them to the floorpan on both sides, under the seats. Of course you have to pull the carpet up to drill the holes to mount it. From what I heard, the stock torque arms are weak in our cars anyway, and welding to them could cause them to lose some of their structural integrity making them weaker yet. :eek: