Driveable - But I'm a FAST newbie - take a look

I think there are a few things that I would suggest. I am no expert but this is where I would start.

Your closed loop gain % may be too high if you are using large injectors.. if you are using smaller ones that may be ok. I have 83# and mine is set at 10%

Set your closed loop so that the car is running closed loop from idle up... maybe High 600 low 500 and then log some data.. see what the corrections are and start adjusting your VE table.

Just get part throttle close.. seems like your VE's are pretty high for where they are at in your table.

You need to start with the VE table though... make sure you have all of hte temperature correction factors removed when you are adjusting or you will be chasing your tail.

Need to start logging data and start adjusting your VE table. Don't adjust your A/F table until you get your VE right.

A few more things...

Make sure what your TPS is at idle... set your max idle at TPS for one or two about that.. if at idle your car is at 14 set the max TPS for idle to 15 or 16.

You need to adjust your AE Fuel vs TPS position table too... look here and start with these settings... but you need to set your TPS to the 14 range.. it will make all of the difference.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82268

This should be enough information to either confuse you.. or point you in the right direction... :D

Your closed loop gain % may be too high if you are using large injectors.. if you are using smaller ones that may be ok. I have 83# and mine is set at 10%

This was all I had time to play with thus far and it seemed to make the car run much smoother at partial throttle. Thanks for the info.

I set my log time to 30mins to monitor my trips to and from work with the car. Unfortunaetly now it logs nothing. I can see the data while its running but there is no info saved in the log. I'll work this out and get started on the VE tables.

Thanks for all the info. I'm still very much confused but trying to work it out.

:confused:

As far as the logging goes.... here is what you are probably doing.

You log and then just shut off the vehicle and expect the log to still be there. When you just shut off the vehicle, it kills the data stream and the log is lost.

You have to do the following:

1. log like you are
BEFORE YOU SHUT OFF THE VEHICLE
2. hit escape to stop the log
3. hit escape and then disconnet from the ECU
4. save the log (before or after you shut it off)

This should solve your logging problem.

Nasty night experimenting - A/F went to 15.9 everytime I came into boost :(

Did'nt do it on the dyno - not sure what might have changed.

Originally posted by T66Typhoon
Start at the basics... make sure all of your setup items are correct.

What is your build anyway?

I think things are set up properly - car did'nt lean like this on the dyno. Not sure what the problem might be. Here is a copy of the log - pick your brains please.

http://www.snakeracing.net/cobra/run2.log

The Car is a 32v Ford Cobra, ported heads, stock cams, single turbo system running a GT80 - man I'm afraid she is about to blow up :(

Re: 15.9!

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Lost the boost reference to the fuel press reg??

Tell me how to check this. I was'nt aware the FAST looked at FP - i thought it merely refernced the duty cycle on the inj and of course the map.

Boost reference?

No Qtr.. What I meant was that the vac line to the FPR was off, kinked, etc.. thus no FP increase w/ boost..Sorry, I wasn't clear..
U R rite, the FAST does not reference fuel pressure..;) ;)

I actually did'nt check that - good call that might be my problem. I was screwing around over there as well.

Re: Boost reference?

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
No Qtr.. What I meant was that the vac line to the FPR was off, kinked, etc.. thus no FP increase w/ boost..Sorry, I wasn't clear..
U R rite, the FAST does not reference fuel pressure..;) ;)

DING DING DING - that was it. You ever come to dallas I'm buying you a giant steak and all the beer you can drink.

RIGHT ON!!

BTDT!!! It's the little things that trip us up!!
I'll take you up on the beer and steak! Just don't beat up on the BUICK guys when you see them on the street!!

CYA!:cool: :cool: