Drivers side valve cover

Dave p

the 4 valve cover bolts are removed on the drivers side and the cover is loose on the top side, wiggles up and down. It feels like it should come right off but I am unable to break the bottom part free. I've tried a little prying but don't want to crack the aluminum. Any ideas on what's holding it up? Wiring harness is out of the way too. Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is my first GN.

the 4 valve cover bolts are removed on the drivers side and the cover is loose on the top side, wiggles up and down. It feels like it should come right off but I am unable to break the bottom part free. I've tried a little prying but don't want to crack the aluminum. Any ideas on what's holding it up? Wiring harness is out of the way too. Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is my first GN.

kiss it with a rubber mallet.

Yeah...Did that with no results...walked away for the night came back this morning and it popped out in 5 minutes....Looks like someone used cork gaskets and decided to put sealant on the cover and head side...But I like the old mallet techniquee...Thanks