dual fan harness

STAGE 2

3rd and long
I've got the ramchargers dual fans, but havent purchased a harness. What is the difference if any between the one that caspers sells and the one racetronix sells?

I have the dual fan also but have not installed it yet. Why is a harness needed?

jpratt said:
I have the dual fan also but have not installed it yet. Why is a harness needed?

Factory wiring is marginal at best. I also think that the factory relays will be overloaded with the new fan- not possitive though. New setup uses the factory wiring/relays to trigger the new relays in harness.

SO back to original Q. What harness works and are they reall different?

"I've got the ramchargers dual fans, but havent purchased a harness. What is the difference if any between the one that caspers sells and the one racetronix sells?"

87GNcospg said:
im curious as well. i just ordered the racetronix harness.

looking at the caspers stand alone unit i kind of wish i would have ordered this one instead. comes with a nifty little switch to control the fan and says it needs no cutting.
https://www.casperselectronics.com/...creen=PROD&Product_Code=109036&Category_Code=

the racetronixe one requires a little bit of cutting.
http://www.racetronix.com/RX-G7-DFH.html

According to the info there it does not look as if this harness is designed to interface to the factory harness for control. Two different products and applications. We chose to get rid of the Valeo connector because of some failures that were occurring. Converting the RC connector to the Delphi one we supply allows the fans to plug into the factory wiring harness if required. Our harness is beefier (10 Ga. + 40 amp relays) so it can easily support fan motors with high current demands (i.e. SPAL).

If you want manual fan control please view this thread:
http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5970&highlight=Racetronix

So to answer a question for someone who is totally defunct of any electrical knowhow, which one of these setups is the easiest to install (i.e. plug and play), the most reliable/heavy duty, and runs off the factory computer?

STAGE 2 said:
So to answer a question for someone who is totally defunct of any electrical knowhow, which one of these setups is the easiest to install (i.e. plug and play), the most reliable/heavy duty, and runs off the factory computer?

Let's put it this way... If someone can not install three simple terminals on some wires then perhaps they should consider another hobby? :)

BTW. We send color pics just in case someone prefers not to read.

get the racetronix harness I have it and it is [B]top shelf[/B].....I also have injector,hotwire for the pump...definitely must have and their is no skimping Im gonna get around to order something for my vette .

Alan

after checking these two out and receiving my harness in the mail im happy with the racetronix one. the racetronix one seems to be a better choice.

Do a search under my username here in this section, i posted awhile ago about getting the harness from a 91 century at the yard and it will plug into your factory harness.
All you will need to do is cut the harness on the fan side and splice in the new harness from a donor car, this will allow you to plug the fan into your original fan plug.

Ive been running my ramchargers fan on my daily driver for 3 years with the factory wiring with no issues to date.
Heck, its still got the original radiator too!

I also am running 100watt headlight bulbs on the factory harness with aftermarket lenses, its been 3 years with that setup too :rolleyes:
Probably not the best for everyone, but works fine for me :biggrin:
BW

I have been very happy with Racetronix's fan harness and hotwire kit. Both have been working flawlessly on my GN. The installation is virtually plug and play.