ductil roller cams

ecmo92

Ive just lost my cam and its time to go roller. Have these ductil roller got a good history? Anyone know the cost?

I know several well respected builders are using them, including Anderson and Nick Micale. I haven't heard of any failures yet. I believe the whole kit is somewhere around $600. HTH

Cotton has a pile of em in stock! Saw em on Friday, 206,212,218s. He has the solid thrust buttons also! Call him!

BTW, I'm gonna run one in my new engine also, so your not alone!

Stupid question, but do you need any mods for these or do they just install as normal?

Thanks guys.:D
Any idea on size with my set up? I do have 50# injectors to put in, but everything else is the same in the sig. Should I go bigger with the cam then the 206?

Is there a thrust plate or thrust bearing for the front block/camshaft area? The button takes care of the walk forward, but what about the walk backward toward the block? Just curious.

Thx,

Originally posted by ecmo92
Stupid question, but do you need any mods for these or do they just install as normal?

You will need different pushrods, 8.2" I believe, but you really should install the cam and measure.

Comp recommends LS1 style valve springs and retainers with .050" extra height locks. I didn't use them and now wish that I had since I appear to have floated a valve at 5850 or so rpm with standard style springs, presumably around 110 lb. Ihadn't intended to ever rev that high, but didn't account for sudden loss of traction in 2nd gear while manually shifting.

I couldn't get PTE's roller button to work, so I just used the standard ones with a stronger than stock spring.

With ~3K miles the cam still looks good, at least that's my initial impression after puliing the heads and intake. I haven't performed a close inspection yet.

HTH,
Tom

ecmo92, I'd use the 206/206 with your set up. With the 1.55 rockers it will give you .496 lift. It also calls for Comps new beehive spring part # 26918. Remember, being a roller cam it will be WAYYYYY better than the flat tappet 206/206. That thing will spool AWESOME!!!