Dusty Testing 325 DRs for EZ Street

The tires are being a PIA. They shake very easily so I've been chasing the set-up. 60's are 1.32's so far but there's more left. Working on getting more power to them to keep them from shaking.

I got my first header dent from a wheelstand on the second pass:) Can't really tell in the video but the tires were up waist high at half track. When I pedaled it the car came back down and the travel limiter got into the header, no big deal, just a nice dent in a tube.

We'll be testing tonight and qualifying tomorrow.

motor?

Hey Dusty what kind of motor is in your car? tThat is one bad ass car and love the colour do you drive that on the street?

When I pedaled it the car came back down and the travel limiter got into the header, no big deal, just a nice dent in a tube.

Dusty, what's the difference between the travel limiter & a bump stop on a-arms ? Don't they do the same thing ? If not, how do u adjust the travel limiter ? Thanx.

Hey Dusty what kind of motor is in your car? tThat is one bad ass car and love the colour do you drive that on the street?

It's a 400ci Chevy with Sb2.2 heads and a 94mm turbo. Yes, I still drive it to cruise in's on the weekends at local joints.

Dusty, what's the difference between the travel limiter & a bump stop on a-arms ? Don't they do the same thing ? If not, how do u adjust the travel limiter ? Thanx.

The bump stop is just a rubber isolater between the frame and control arms to keep metal from contacting metal when you jack the front end up.

A limiter is what's found on after market arms. I made some for my stock arms. I cut a hole in the upper a arm where the bump stop was and welded 5/8 thread nut to the arm. You use all-thread and adjust how much the front rises before the tire comes off the ground. I measure the travel and adjust the all-thread to take travel out to keep the car from doing wheelstands.

Went a 5.23 at 125 tonight lifting. I'm changing shocks tomorrow. The nose is bouncing uncontrolably on the top end of the track, I possibly blew a shock out on the wheelstand last weekend.

The bump stop is just a rubber isolater between the frame and control arms to keep metal from contacting metal when you jack the front end up.

A limiter is what's found on after market arms. I made some for my stock arms. I cut a hole in the upper a arm where the bump stop was and welded 5/8 thread nut to the arm. You use all-thread and adjust how much the front rises before the tire comes off the ground. I measure the travel and adjust the all-thread to take travel out to keep the car from doing wheelstands.

Went a 5.23 at 125 tonight lifting. I'm changing shocks tomorrow. The nose is bouncing uncontrolably on the top end of the track, I possibly blew a shock out on the wheelstand last weekend.

Dusty are you running a front swaybar? Just asking.

Good luck man, it sounds like you might have had a good pass there.
Updates please...

Lets see if I'm keeping up with ya Dusty :redface: , if I screw it in (clockwise), it shouldn't allow the front end to lift & if screwed (counterclockwise) out it should allow more lifting of the front end ??? If so, how do I measure the travel ?? Thanx.

Dusty how are you liking that new billet impeller? is gonna be enough to hang with the nitrous boys?

does it spool any slower?

Lets see if I'm keeping up with ya Dusty :redface: , if I screw it in (clockwise), it shouldn't allow the front end to lift & if screwed (counterclockwise) out it should allow more lifting of the front end ??? If so, how do I measure the travel ?? Thanx.

Right. Measuring travel isn't very precise. I use a point on the tire and measure from the fender lip to the tire. You take the measurement with the car at rest on a level surface and you in the driver seat. Then jack the front up and measure again. My car can get up pretty high and 1/2" less travel will make a big difference. I might have 1-1.5 inches of total travel.

Dusty how are you liking that new billet impeller? is gonna be enough to hang with the nitrous boys?

does it spool any slower?

It spools very well. I'm really suprised it makes 10# less boost than my 106 but runs within 1 mph of it. You can give it 100% from start to finish where I was pulling a ton of power out with the big turbo. It'll be in the 4's as soon as I get the launch boost issue fixed. It's leaving on 3# and that's not gonna cut it.